Mobile notifications

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by WhelanLad, Oct 7, 2012.

1. WhelanLad

WhelanLad New Member

Hi guys, just very recently iv been getting notifications sent to my fone regarding thread avtivity, which would be fine if i wanted notifications..
    Ive un ticked the push notifications several times an also had to close an reopen the APP which i use..
    but
    Im still recieving these...

Can someone help me out here as i like the Forum but may have to delete the APP as the vibrations/notifications wake me up at night!

cheers
    WhelanLad

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

I had to open each and every thread that I had posted to and unsubscribe to end the endless onslaught of my e-mail inbox.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Are you getting email notifications, or just the push?
    It seems you've figured our how to deactivate the push, but if it's email, you'll need to change the settings so that you don't get emails everytime someone posts. It's under the subscription options.

4. WhelanLad

WhelanLad New Member

Hey, thanks for the Help.
    Well im gettin the forum Logo atop of my screen fairly.iften. il go thru an unsubscribe!
    see how that goes!
    thanks

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Easier to do from a computer, but you can go under account settings, and find subscription options.

6. marc29th

marc29th Member

Same thing is happening to me dozens of notifications on my phone but no updates to the treads. I've unsubscribed to them but they are still coming.

7. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Same here, woke up with 12 notifications with no actual updates

8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Same here too. I thought my Sprint is lagging. It turned out the forum server was lagging. Until now still not okay..

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Okay, you guys need to find a computer I think. If you've already disabled the push notifications, you'll need to sign out completely for it to take effect, and then sign back in.

If your getting insane amounts of emails, Here's what you do...
    Go to "user control panel" (under the "my account" pull down at top of screen)
    >look for settings and options in left column
    >Edit options
    >Third box: Default thread subscription mode
    >change to "no emails"

10. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've disabled your email contacts and removed subscriptions.

Please let me know if they continue.

I will contact the developer at that point.