Mobile Device Access: Tapatalk

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by schwefel, Dec 13, 2010.

1. schwefel

schwefel New Member

I use a program on my Android, that is also available on iOS, Blackberry, Nokia and WinMo as well, called Tapatalk. It is a free plugin for forums that allows easy forum access via the Tapatalk mobile app. There is a free and a paid client. Free allows for browsing and the paid ($2.99) allows for posting as well.

Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF

I would like to see it installed on here so I can browse the forum on the go. Yeh, I know I can access it via a mobile web browser, but that frankly sucks, IMHO.

2. camiller

camiller New Member

I'm not sure how much traction this is going to get, my understanding is that the plugin for the forum can create a security hole and that some forums have been compromised in the past. At the moment I am not sure if the plugin developers have fixed that yet. While I agree that I would like to see it happen (there is an unofficial tapatalk client for WebOS as well) I would want the forum owner to not risk the stability and security of the forum to make it happen.

3. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

You got it.

Vbulletin is releasing a mobile app, as long as everything looks good, we will be going live with it as soon as possible.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I have not used tapatalk, so i cannot comment on its abilities/usefulness. I have been ANNOYED TO FREAKIN DISTRACTION by the constant and interrupting messages about it when i use my ipod touch to view TFL forum through the safari browser, very annoying.

"http://tfl.com This forum is iPhone Native! Click OK to learn more about Tapatalk for iPhone" They should have said click "OK" or we will annoy you with this same stupid message EVERY TIME you click on anything on this forum. edit* Did i mention that this pop-up about Tapatalk interupts browsing for non-tapatalkers every time they click on something on a tapatalk-enabled/bound forum, even after they go read the advertisement for tapatalk by clicking "OK". That is some seriously annoying excrement right there.

Not dogging TFL; i enjoy their BP section very much.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  5. notdku

We will be releasing a mobile ap soon, just wanted everyone to know.

6. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

This will be most excellent.:cool:

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That will be great news. Hopefully my iPad will work with it, since this place was one of the MAIN reasons I got it in the first place... LOL

8. notdku

It's being developed as well.

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

First post from my iphone

10. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Will we be notified of the mobile release? I frequently surf FTF on my Android phone while at work and the browser sucks.

11. the_hustleman

the_hustleman New Member

all i ask is that you please dont forget androi!!!

keep in mind that there are more android devices out there than ther are apple, so please think of the majority and not hte minority lol

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Nice spell check on that Androi. :D

13. the_hustleman

the_hustleman New Member

Lol thanks, I should have used swype

14. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

If it's anything like the city profile and jeep forum apps then it will be worth the wait.

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Isn't this free for forum owners and we pay for the app, which I have already???? ;)

16. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Bumpity bump bump.

Any status updates on the Android app? Thanks!