mobile 1 10w 30 synthetic motor oil for ak47 rifles!

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by MajorMoeDown47, Jul 7, 2013.

1. MajorMoeDown47

MajorMoeDown47 New Member

that stuff works great as lube for these type of rifles!

2. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

They now use lube? What? Are they trying to be like AR-15's? ;)

3. MajorMoeDown47

for storage purposes it does not dry like rem oil or hoppes it does not cause the metel to rust i kept my ak in storage for 6 months with this new motor oil and it keeps the gun fresh and wet. works wonders you should try it some time!

4. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I use bore solvent on mine, never had any rust of any kind on it. And I mostly shoot it on rainy days now. But my climate may vary from yours. :D

5. MajorMoeDown47

i live in a very hot and humid lets just say south texas and i love this stuff i used bore solvents once on my brothers ak and it started takeing of some of his finish on his gun. i was worryed to do the same with mine. so i do it like the jihads in the sand box lol,

6. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Some people prefer peanut butter oil for their AK's ;)
    Skip to 3:59 in this video:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGih7eWI3E[/ame]

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

every mechanical device needs lubrication. if you dont lube your ak47 it will wear out much faster same as any other gun. even single shot shotguns need lube. muskets and black powder rifles need lube. hell even a longbow needs lube on the bow string!!!

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

How does Mobile 1 taste on a Sirloin steak? I am tired of A1!:p

9. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Not to shabby.

10. grandpubba

grandpubba Member

If it hadn't been for scientific research I'd be a little more up set over the lose of a good ham sammich.

11. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

For my Ak I use a mixture of penetrating oil and bore solvent, made by Kroil. I shoot 1950s chinese ammo and don't need my AK 'wet' to cut down on the fouling.

12. MajorMoeDown47

i like to keep it wet so it doesnt fail me. my dad told me these very words "your gun is guoing to treat you how you treat it" i love to spoil mine ")

13. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

I bought a bottle of Lucas gun oil to try it out. I am 99% positive it is Transmission Fluid. Same color, texture, smell, etc. (no didn't taste it)

It works pretty well doesn't leave a residue. I've heard of some guys that swear by using ATF as gun lube but I could have bought two qts. for what these few ounces cost. lol

14. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

My AR likes it wet, and my AK could care less. So I use the solvent/oil that doesn't leave it 'wet' for my personal cleaning pleasure.
    I've never had a misfire, jam or any issues with it yet.
    I do however use Amsoil for my bike. :D

15. therewolf

therewolf New Member

1 quart of ATF lasts a long time, and is great, as a " let it sit, wipe off the

soot later" cleaner. Brush solvent also cleans metal well, for active wiping,

but is highly flammable; it will mostly evaporate,however.

Mobil1 is a great GP lube, and works well for me, for long storage.

16. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Not sure about that, but i ( accidentally ) had some on a egg Mcmuffin one time, wasn't too bad........

17. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I believe Michail designed them to be lubed with goat grease or duck butter. Mobil 1 will work very well.

18. towboater

towboater Active Member

Dont over grease a SKS. THe bolt will move too fast and cause FTF. ....Well at least it happened to mine.

19. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Sergei...........

20. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I've used it on tons of things but never guns, I usually use it for drilling holes in tough object or sometimes tapping.

I might have to start carrying a quart when I go camping might help.