Mo-Reaper Initial Run at Discount Price

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by KMO, Jan 15, 2011.

1. KMO

KMO Member

We've received some excellent input from several posters here on this forum, and now we are moving forward into our first production run of 25 Mo-Reaper units to fit the traditional (aka "pencil") barrel Mini-14's. These will be our first-ever produced from 7075 T-6 Alloy, and we will offer them at a discount to members of the PerfectUnion as a way of saying thanks for the great feedback. Our price for this first run is $88 per unit (same as our Mo-Rod price). After these 25 units, the price will likely be $108 per unit. I'm taking reservations right now until we send them in for hard anodizing. That process will be followed by a final baked-on finish. Just send me a pm or email if you want your name added to the reservations list, and thanks again to all who contributed good input toward this product development...;)

[​IMG]

2. KMO

KMO Member

We're getting there...Here are the blocks of 7075 T-6 Alloy in a state of transformation after their first round through the CNC machine...

[​IMG]

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

"... we will offer them at a discount to members of the PerfectUnion as a way of saying thanks for the great feedback."

Shame on you. ;)

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Good catch there CA357.

5. KMO

KMO Member

Alas, I humbly apologize. I will be offering a discount to the guys here on FIREARMS TALK. 20%!

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Thanks Podna.

7. rifleman55

rifleman55 New Member

Gotta say, they look really nice. I love the adjustable front post sight, 100 times better than the stock front sight.
    You open sight shooters should love this attachment.

Good price also, on heck of a lot of machine work to make one and I'm sure more than a little initial R&D costs.

It's really nice to see more quality parts being made for the Mini.
    I wish the Mini would get to be more like the 10-22 where you can build one without using a single Ruger manufactured part :D

Are you going to offer them with a black finish also at some point for an additional cost and are you plannining on a screw on model for the new Mini's at some point ? Just a thin barrel nut to go behide for alignment and you would be all set.
    I know the expenses involved, but when you are able to swing it, one for the new model would be great also.

John K

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  8. SilenceDogood

SilenceDogood New Member

I'll be watching intently for a model designed to fit the newer barrels. They look great.

9. KMO

KMO Member

From the above photo to the one below...All that is left for these is the porting & hard anodizing & they'll be ready for mounting on some Mini-14's. If any of you guys are interested in one of these first-run units, I'm still offering a discount to members on this forum...;)

[​IMG]

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

How many of these you have available? I may have to get one next month.

11. sum1

sum1 New Member

are any of these still available? if they are possible shipping to canada?

12. KMO

KMO Member

Sorry bud...Cannot ship these to Canada...only within the U.S...:(

13. sum1

sum1 New Member

Figured as much I can't even order a scope from basspro its apparently a war item or something to that effect.

14. tollen

tollen New Member

MO-Reaper thx. Kelly

Just would like to tell everyone. My dealing with KMO -Kelly has been nothing short of completely great! I have one of his flash suppressors and protected sight SS, Ordered for my new style tapered barreled. And one of his mo-reaper's If I got that right. He's a hell of a guy can't sell the guy short in any way shape or form. I thank you Kelly, I strongly suggest in future deals with this man.

15. OzarkRecluse

OzarkRecluse New Member

I want to add a +1 to the favorable reviews of Kelly. I bought both the mo-rod and mo-reaper and are very pleased with both. The transaction went very smoothly and the communication was perfect. I'd recommend these products to anyone looking to upgrade their Mini-14.

16. Lucky14

Lucky14 New Member

Ditto. I discovered the Mo-Reaper online this weekend, emailed some questions and Kelly answered in MINUTES. Very impressive customer support. I cant wait to get the thing...

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Is that legal in CA? Beautiful machine work I must say, much better than I can do on my old Index mill. If I had the money I would order one.

18. KMO

KMO Member

Well, yes. But, the way California laws are written, it leaves too much discretion to deem a unit like this a flash hider, which it is not. We designed the Mo-Reaper to be a muzzle brake, and that is how it functions. That doesn't mean that an ill-trained officer might see it and incorrectly label it as a flash hider. I'm thinking about writing up a very specific description and providing it to customers in California. Isn't it crazy over there?

19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member