Firearms Talk banner

MN northwoods guy here

319 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  kjdeut 
#1 ·
Hello, have been enjoying the site on a quiet observing basis for a while but it's time I said hi and mention that I like the demeanor and style of the site...relaxed and I appreciate that!

Spent years as a professional photographer, then somehow switched over to TV production and that completely burnt out my need for travel, now 3 dogs and I live out in the woods and love it. No drama, no pressure, just bugs, trees and 3 happy dogs. :)

I haven't been on a plane since 1991 and honestly don't care if I ever am again. That also tells you how old I am. lol

#2 ·
Welcome, what part of Minnesota? I'm just north of Mpls.

#4 ·
I am just north of Brainerd, far enough so that it still feels woodsy but close enough I can run errands and not have to drive an hour.
Nice!..I'm a Walleye fisherman...so, I sure wish I lived up there. Be sure to participate in the forum, friendly folks here.

#7 ·
WELCOME!!

As a kid, my family would vacation up that way. My Mom and Dad would rent a cabin on a lake and we'd spend a week up there. My Mom would relax and work on crossword or jigsaw puzzles, my dad and one of us kids or two would go out on the lake all day on a rowboat and fish. Or us kids would spend the day catching snakes, toads, crayfish, etc. What a wonderful place.

If I remember right, this is the place.

http://northern-lights-lodge.com/

#9 ·
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

#10 ·
Welcome here from Oregon.

#11 ·
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.