Mmmm, hot dogs

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Aug 7, 2014.

1. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

How do you like yours?
    What's your favorite place for them if you're not at home?

I like mine grilled, on a grilled New England style bun. Mustard, onion, and relish.

Beer boiled is good, too. On a fresh N.E. bun with kraut and mustard.

A N.E. roll has no crust on the sides of the bun.

My favorite place for dogs is Dune Dogs in Jupiter, Fl.
    Dogs, onion rings, and either a Warsteiner draft or a real chocolate milk shake.

Grilled New England bun....

Attached Files:

2. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I like mine hot or cold on any type bread, with mustard any type !...............

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Good meat, good bun, mustard and onions works for me.

There was a hot dog stand outside of Home Depot that had the best in Boise, no more. Sadly, it's not easy to find a good one in town anymore. Costco's are cheap but I'd pay more for better meat.

4. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Mmmm grilled, chilli, chease, onion, halopeno, relish.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Sonic's Foot Long Chili Cheese Dogs! :D

with a large side order of onion rings and Route 44 Cherry Coke!:D

6. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

I miss hotdogs soo much.......:(

When I was still alowed to eat them I liked Kosher beef dogs on a pretzel bun with a pickel spear and ketchup. Or with fresh chilli and shreded cheese on a regular bun.

Ohh damnit!! Now I'm hungry! :mad:

7. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

MMMMMM.....Hot Dogs are one of my favorite food groups..I like them grilled (a little bit burnt) Kraut and mustard, or cheese and onion..And i like them on regular bread , not on a bun(too much bread) the cheaper the hot dogs the better...Dont care for the Nathans, all beef, etc...The cheap ones just taste better...maybe because we always had the Kroger (store brand) ones when i was a kid...

8. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Ohh and I can't forget to add a good beer. Bulevard Wheat, Shock Top, Blue Moon, SchlaFly, etc.

9. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Sometimes on Saturday mornings Mom would fry up a big pan of hotdogs, eggs, and onions with cheese on top... We would sit on the floor in front of the TV and watch cartoons and chow down... Good memories..:):):)

10. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

At home, I grill 'em all around then split them open and grill the flat sides.

11. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Prefer a good Bratwurst, with grilled onion and mustard.

12. Donn

Donn Active Member

Three ways, 1) At the ballpark, just mustard. A taste that can't be duplicated. 2) Coney Islands. Chili, onions and mustard. The best ones on the planet are right here at Lafayette Coney Island, downtown Detroit. And, 3) Chicago style. Vienna all beef dog, whole hot pepper, dill pickle wedge, onions, mustard and relish, all on a poppy seed bun. Took some getting used to, but I got a taste for them when I lived in Chicago.

13. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Whole hot pepper? :D
    Must be the Super Fans. Da Bearsss!...

Oh and make mine all beef, grilled and crusty, jalapeños or hot pepper sauce. That's it. You pile up condiments, the dog gets lost :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  14. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001dtJ0srBI[/ame] skip to 36 seconds

15. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Dammit man! I just had chili, cheese and slaw dogs last night and now you have me salivating over dogs again today!

Da Iggles!:D

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i made some quicky cheap hotdogs for lunch!:D

17. LoniJo

LoniJo New Member

Definitely grilled and a little charred with Mayo on a bun!

18. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

skip the relish...otherwise,:cool:

19. john300k

john300k New Member

Well I'm a Yankee that moved to North Carolina over 20 years ago. Down here you can order your hot dog "all the way". That is chilli, coleslaw, mustard and onions. The first time I saw one I thought it looked like monkey vomit. One of the guys at worked brought in some footlong dogs all the way. Let me tell these things are awesome and highly addictive! Don't judge a book by its cover, I highly recommend the slaw dog !!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  20. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Two ways. Chili cheese dog or mustard and onion cooked just about anyway, though grilled is by far the best. Just no ketchup.