( MK 248 Mod 1 ) Long action Remington Still in the fight !

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by redmist, Feb 24, 2011.

1. redmist

redmist New Member

The US Army's New Sniper Rifle. Good old L.A. K.I.S.S.

2. Wambli

Wambli New Member

I saw that gun a few years back at the SHOT show. Remington was all sneaky and brough us behind the curtain at the booth for a peek of the latest (back then still prototype). Not exactly what we would call a quantum leap in technology...

The Army is actually fielding the Knighs Armament SR-25/MK-11 (a handful of them anyway) to somewhat lukewarm reviews from the field but I do not think there are any MK 248s out shooting in anger yet.

3. redmist

redmist New Member

Mk 248 Mod 1 is Ammo, .300 Win Mag. The rifle is ( XM-2010 ) look's just like the Remington Modular Sniper Rifle. I to have seen it year's ago.

4. Wambli

Wambli New Member

Yes I know. Sorry got the ammo and the gun confused, tough to keep track. You are talking about this beast:
    [​IMG]

Same LA receiver as the 24, swap out the bolt, new barrel, new stock and a swift kick out the door. The first version of that stock I saw did not fold. Didn't see the final yet. But from the pics I'd love to see how much love that sucker is going to get after a working guy has to clean out all those nooks, crannies, adjustment wheels, screws etc after a 1,000 yard slow crawl through mud and sand... :D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  5. redmist

redmist New Member

Maybe someone could take a long piss on it, and tie a rope around it,and swing it around and around. That might get the crap out. lol .