Mitt Romney on gun control

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by StevenJ, Feb 7, 2012.

1. StevenJ

StevenJ New Member

Watch this video...pretty scary...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYWDWRmz-_o[/ame]

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Thats pretty funny coming from nancy pelosi's lap dog newt gingrich. He helped pelosi pass that insanegun free school zone crap. He also was a key player getting the brady bill passed if im not mistaken.

Romney isnt the best guy for gun owners but he is better than gingrich on 2A issues.

Im no romney fan but it will be a cold day in hell that finds me voting for gingrich. He is nothing but a big govt liberal nanny stater whose entire life has been dedicated to growing the power of the federal govt overthe tax paying public

3. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

4. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  5. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Not gonna win on the single issue of the Second Amendment. Ron Paul is the one on that single issue.

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I have said it once before, I have no trust in the elite! They will sell are freedoms out for they're own gain.

Trust is earned, not given away!

7. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

The only one that truly supports the 2nd Amendment is Ron Paul. He's been voting against all kinds of gun control from very explicit laws to the UN's Small Arms Treaty. Mitt Romney is really a fake conservative.

8. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Who has the best record on protecting the 2nd? If you said Ron Paul you would move to the front of your class. Problem is he not the choice of the voting public. Why? I don't know except American elections are beauty contest backed up by strong special interest. Romney like Obama looks good on TV. Romney has a strong backing from Liberal Republicans and his church to which he gives 4 Million dollars a year. Ron Paul is a good guy but he is outclassed in this race.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/second-amendment/

9. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

I agree, elections here are about how you look and how good you sound. People never learned from Obama. The thing is Obama is getting a lot of people addicted to the big government so the more people lose their jobs the more they'll be dependent on government aid and the less likely they'll vote to reduce it. It's really a mess... I'm hoping to move to a State that really stands up to the corrupted Federal government. You're lucky to live in Wyoming.

The funny thing is, if you're a gun owner there's really no one else to support but Ron Paul. Santorum is not as bad as Romney and Gingrich apparently wants all gun owners to be registered in a Federal database. It's great on one hand you have Obamacare that will put everyone in a Federal health database if Obamacare doesn't get repealed by 2014, and on the other hand you have "Republicans" who also want you in a database to exercise your constitutional rights.

10. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

11. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

2ndAFreedom, well there is always room for another good man here in the "Cowboy" state. I think you would like any of the InterMtn. states. I think if you make the move West you will never look back at the Low Country.:)

12. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

I just edited my post, little is known about Santorum's stance but apparently his voting record is a mix of good and bad. Santorum truly believes in home grown terrorists and that kinda crap so logically he would push for gun control.

I'm in between jobs right now and I'm looking for jobs out of Illinois, I'd love to live in a "Cowboy" state, would be a great change from Chicago.

13. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

2nd AFreeedom, Sent you a PM.

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

There's yer problem! Absolutely. Whomever the Republican Party nominates the bulk of idiot Republicans will vote for him, just as the bulk of idiot Democrats will vote for Obama. The People are outraged, if you are not outraged too you are not paying attention. Obama got a bunch of young critters to register to vote. Many of them have taken the time to look into politics and they don't like what they see. Many of those young voters that were recruited by Obama see some light in Ron Paul. Maybe we should give him a chance. He can't do too much damage because we have the Judicial and Legislative branches to keep him in check.

Vote outside of your Party box! You don't have to tell anyone how you vote! That is your right.

15. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

People are just too worried of voting differently than the rest of the crowd. People support political parties like they support their hometown football team, always loyal regardless of how disastrous the candidate is. Back in high school years ago I remember learning about how perfect the system was and about the checks and balances and everything; seems that people never evolved from the "theoretical" school teachings and still believe today that there are no hidden agendas/corruption.

16. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

The Power of special interest has been at play from Washington to Obama. The problem now is mass media was not known until the past 100 years. Mass Media unlike the small newspapers of the past can be controled by incredible wealth. Obama spent over 1 Billion in the last election. That is unheard of in American elections. Americans are addicted to mass media. So the more money the more you can feed the people who vote. It works. Do you need to know how to govern "Hell" no. But you had better have good hair and know when to smile.:rolleyes:

17. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

Every single one of them, no matter what they say, or what their past record has been, will do exactly whatever it takes to further their political ambitions at the moment. No more. No less.

18. vincent

vincent New Member

Anyone else notice the OP is conspicuously absent from the discussion? Stinks of campaign spam in here....:mad:

19. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

Good eye Vincent. OP only has one post.

20. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

Sniff, sniff.....I smell something. And it ain't the bean and cabbage enchiladas I had for breakfast.