Missouri Highway Patrol, who's side are you on?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by DFlynt, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I am reading that article, holy crap!

Here is a question - What other state(s) are doing the exact same thing behind conceal carry holders back?

2. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Probably more than you care to know...

3. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Very scary! This puts me on the fence and stay with open carry!

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Why is anyone surprised? The Voters in Missouri returned the anti gun Obama supporter to Washington D.C. Senator McCaskill is a rabid gun hater who worships Lord Obama. The Voters in Missouri voted for gun control.:(

5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

If a federal agency requests state information for use in a federal investigation, the state can either give it to them immediately, or wait an hour and give it to them on a court order.

No level of government can with hold information that is relevant to another government's investigations.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Fast and furious comes to mind for some reason.

7. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Really??? I thought that was a pissing contest between two different FEDERAL entities. There is no state or local involvement. Apples and watermelons.:D

8. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Does the highway patrol issue permits in Missouri?

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol. Yeah I guess you're right. Kinda besides the point anyway.

10. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Check this out

ForumRunner_20130416_190601.jpg

Attached Files:

11. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Anyone, today, who has any expectation of privacy, on any information that has ever been entered into a computer is living in La La Land.

That is almost as bad as thinking that posts on the internet are not public information.

Some of the very people who go bonkers over stories like the above, make anti-government, and anti-American post on the net on a regular basis. I sometimes wonder if people think that they are shielded by their screen names. If the famous SHFT ever happens, the hammer of the gods will be falling on heads. The least of worries will be that Uncle knows you have a CCW.

Big Brother is watching! Dress accordingly :)

12. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I'd tell them to get their damned court order.

One good thing out of this is Brian Long head of the Missouri Department of Revenue has resigned:

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansasci...013/04/amid-controversy-missouri-revenue.html

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_a8964d62-c7c4-5f9d-97c5-0f2f4f5425c0.html

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  13. MaxImpactGuns

MaxImpactGuns New Member

So glad I left Missouri last summer and moved to SC. I can't believe she got re-elected. I was screaming at the tv like a child during the election night last year.

14. clue

clue New Member

They run the background checks

15. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

The County Sherrif will take your completed CCW course paperwork (and $100). They do the fingerprinting there, and perform the background check within 45 days. Then you take that paperwork, when completed from the sheriffs office to the local DMV. They will either give you the endoresement on your drivers liscense, or you can get a Missouri ID card with the endorsement on it. (the latter is the better choice)