Mississippi Proposed Bill Publishes Name & S.S. # of Gun Owners

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I am sick of this anti-gun crowd!

Mississippi Proposed Bill Publishes Name and Social Security Number of Gun Owners

http://www.mississippigunnews.com/m...ame-and-social-security-number-of-gun-owners/

Today Mississippi Representative Omeria Scott (D-District 80) introduced House Bill 231. In her bill she proposes that anyone who sells ammunition in the State of Mississippi be required to keep records of each sale. If passed,

every merchant, dealer or pawnbroker that sells pistol or rifle cartridges, shall keep a record of all sales of such cartridges sold, showing the description of the kind and caliber of cartridges so sold, the name, address and driver’s license or social security number of the purchaser, and the description of and the quantity of cartridges and date of sale.

These records, which include social security number, name and address would be “open to public inspection at any time to persons desiring to see it.”

Representative Scott must not be concerned about her constituents privacy since she wants to publish everyones SSN, name and address. These folks like Rep. Scott and Sen. Jackson II do nothing but harm the State of Mississippi and its citizens.

The fight for freedom and liberty never ends, those who are seeking power and authority over us are always working to gain more power and influence and to take away liberty and freedom.

Contact your elected representatives and let them know you expect them to fight against this bill and any similar bills.

PDF for reference:

http://www.mississippigunnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/HB-231-Ammo-Registration.pdf

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

There's not a snowball's chance in hell Bryant or the rest of the state legislature will allow it. This is a non-issue, as far as bills go.

3. JWagner

JWagner New Member

Publishing all that info is an invitation to identity theft. Not likely it will pass.

4. Bigcountry02

I agree this POS legislation has a snowballs chance in the hot zone and that this is a massive identity theft waiting to happen.

Just Putting the word out!

The demo-rats are mirroring what Commie land California is doing!

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Unlawful to require anyone provide a SSAN for any purpose OTHER than taxes. However, for grins and giggles, someone could hack the personal info of the cretin that proposed that bill, and give it to as many scammers as possible.

One posting on Craig's List should do it. ;)

6. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

I don't think any gun laws are somethin to worry about in MS.

7. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

That HB 231 has less than a 1% chance of making to the floor for a vote, much less becoming law. From what I hear Omeria Scott is a walking joke outside district 80.

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Why not have a gun owners "Set in" on her drive way and lawn? Let the police come and carry the protesters away. She would be damn careful about doing the anti-gun thing again. :)

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Typical BS libtard bill proposed by every anti-gun inner city moron legislator in a red State. They propose this crap to tell their hoplophobic, hand wringing constituents "I am trying".

To the left, results do not matter. Intent matters. TRYING is just as good as DOING.

11. blackxpress

blackxpress New Member

Just goes to show democrats are just as idiotic down south as they are in the northeast and Commifornia.

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Where is an "inner city" at in district 80 in MS? District 80 is Jones and Jasper counties. If I-59 didn't pass through Jones and Jasper counties pine borer's and fox squirrels would be her constituents. The area is dirt poor with an average income of around $24,000. The only reason I know anything about the area is I did a book report on the Jones County rebellion. Jones county was so isolated during the civil war that deserters were able to take control of Jones county and hold it.

The Jones County Rebellion is s good book to write a report on. You will come up with trivia about the civil war that someone with a doctorate in history will have to research.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  13. Bigcountry02

Mississippi Gun News, pulled from the gun wire page.

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant and Speaker Philip Gunn Stand Up for Gun Owners

http://www.mississippigunnews.com/m...-speaker-philip-gunn-stand-up-for-gun-owners/

Any bills that attempt to track ammunition, seize weapons or otherwise infringe upon the right of Mississippians to keep and bear arms are a frontal assault on the Second Amendment. I will not stand by and allow gun owner rights to be trampled in this state, and I will immediately veto such bills if they reach my desk.”

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

In this case, I love to say I told you so. I told you so. ;)

15. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Attached Files:

16. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

this is where is get....completely lost......:confused:

there COULD BE....imo.....sensible gun regulations that could improve firearm safety while protecting rights. (i won't get into an argument of what that might be in this thread).

HOWEVER.....i'm not sure i have EVER seen one! :eek:

WTH is the purpose of something like this?????? WTH is she thinking?????

post a law abiding citizen's PRIVATE INFO because of the hobby they enjoy?????? how many laws would this violate?

i may not always agree with the most extreme viewpoints some gun owners have related to 2A....but when people like this pop out of the woodwork, i understand how so many firearms owners reject ANY form of gun regulation....

i'm simply....finding a loss of words here.....:(