Minnesota joins list of communist states??

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by rangeshooter, Aug 31, 2010.

1. rangeshooter

rangeshooter New Member

I live in N.Dak., but the cheapest FFL holder I can use is across the Red River in Moorhead,MN. I wanted to order the Smith &Wesson M&P 15-22 P (Pistol) from Cheaper Than Dirt today ($445) and use his license again (a pawn shop, charges $35 per gun, cheapest by far here in Fargo, most are $75 or $100). Today he told me that the 15-22P is in the category of "assault" rifles, even though its a 22 caliber pistol. He then told me he couldn't take my order on anything that looks like an AR-type. Someone in a thread here once said he calls those restricted states "communist states". Has MN joined them, almost have them memorized, NJ, NY, CA, CT and a couple others?? If I lived in MN, then maybe I could buy an AR-type, or not?

The lead bullet issue in another thread--without reading the proposed law, and if it became law and I think unlikely, would you be ok with the lead ammo you have in storage or would they try to get that from you?

PS bought the M&P 15-22P this afternoon at The Outdoorsman here in Fargo. $499. Will get it Friday, he's sold several. Can't wait to get it to the range. Have had almost zero misfires/jams with the M&P 22 rifle this summer.

2. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 New Member

I didn't think you could buy any pistol out of state, any state. Long guns OK in most but not pistols.

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Relax.....Take a deep breath........

The lead bullet policy the EPA was considerring has been dropped. With respect ot the interference with possession of a fire arm by the State, that is in direct opposition to the 2A! Hopefully the NRA or GOA will litiagate against that.

I don't care where you buy a gun, be it a pistol or long gun, if you clear the background check; you're good to go!! (At least, theat is the way it should be)

4. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

i agree with that. im from TN but stationed in CA. i can tell you Tn is probably the most relaxed state as far as gun laws (at least in my opinion). i just bought 2 lowers here in ca and had to wait 10 days for them. 10 days for a stripped lower are you serious! i went home to tn and walked in the store bougt a kimber 1911 45. and a XDM 9mm and walked out 10 mins later with both and about 500 rounds! love my home state!

5. LuckyGunner

LuckyGunner New Member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  6. clip11

clip11 New Member

No background check, thats infringing. I might have got cited for public urination in 1972 and now my background isn't satisfactory enough for me to own a firearm (I wasnt born until 1986 but you get my point).

7. k2000k

k2000k New Member

Background checks aren't infringement they aren't hard to pass you just don't have to be a felon or have a history of violence. I can personally attest to this. If you had a minor sort of incident such as public urination almost 40 years ago, yes I know its a hypothetical, I seriously doubt that the incident would factor in any way.

* Just read your little incident with our friends in the gov clip you got my sympathies that really sucks

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010