Mini 14

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by agosto, Feb 23, 2013.

1. agosto

agosto New Member

I Just brought 5 new magazines and I started loading them with my brown bear ammo and I noticed that it was very hard to put the ammo in and when I went to cycle through my rifle it was jamming ? Do I need to oil the mags or maybe spray clr in them ?

2. tri70

tri70 New Member

Some mags do need to wear a little before they run smooth. What brand are they?

3. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

factory or after market?

never had a such a problem with my factory ruger mags. they are a bit stiff, but never any concerns feeding, they have all worked perfectly.

4. 1911Jeeper

1911Jeeper New Member

DO NOT oil your magazines.

Load them fully, and let them sit for a week or two. The springs will relax some during that time, and a bit more with use.

5. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

If you bought them very cheaply at a gun show, now you know why. There is a lot of "cheap" junk out there. Stay with brand names, such as Ruger factory (best), Thermold, Ram Line, etc.

6. Txquail

Txquail New Member

You can also take the mags apart and clean the inside of the body. The smoother the interior walls the better.

Do not put any oil inside a mag

7. KingANuthin

KingANuthin New Member

8. santurce787

santurce787 New Member

Ok guys thank u ill check into it . The mags I brought r after market ,but will check them out soon

9. santurce787

santurce787 New Member

John masen is the brand . Hope they last me I brought 6 ....