Firearms Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does ruger still support the 180 series mini 14? Have a cracked bolt and the extractor departed. Looks like only ruger can replace these items. Al

·
RiverRat68
149 Posts
Mini-14

Does ruger still support the 180 series mini 14? Have a cracked bolt and the extractor departed. Looks like only ruger can replace these items. Al[/QUOTE

If I recall, you will have to send your Mini-14 back to Ruger. They have to hand fit bolts and extractors.
Best bet is to give them a call

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Go to the Ruger website, the customer service tab. It has all the info you're looking for. Had a problem with my Mini-14 last year, they took care of me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its my understanding that Ruger officially stopped supporting the 180 series. They will probably refuse to sell you the parts too. I hope I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure a broken 180 is a club.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Ask to see if they will give you a new rifle and send this one in for exchange.

·
Premium Member
11,602 Posts
Check out numrich gun parts. They should have the parts you are looking for. I would take the rifle to a smith, and see what he will charge for the repairs. He may even have the parts kicking around in his shop. Best of luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got an e-mail from ruger. Sounds like they can fix it. Apparently they don't sell some of the parts to gunsmiths.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
No No No-
You dont want a new vs your 180 series :eek:

On another forum I have heard of cs offering credit towards another mini or rifle, I would keep all options on the table!:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update. Ruger won't support a180 series but will give a credit towards another rifle. Don't have the all the details yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts