Mini 14

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by trip, Dec 26, 2012.

1. trip

trip New Member

Does ruger still support the 180 series mini 14? Have a cracked bolt and the extractor departed. Looks like only ruger can replace these items. Al

2. RiverRat68

RiverRat68 RiverRat68 Supporter

Mini-14

3. Donn

Donn Active Member

Go to the Ruger website, the customer service tab. It has all the info you're looking for. Had a problem with my Mini-14 last year, they took care of me.

4. trip

trip New Member

Thanks guys

5. bolero

bolero New Member

Its my understanding that Ruger officially stopped supporting the 180 series. They will probably refuse to sell you the parts too. I hope I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure a broken 180 is a club.

6. tri70

tri70 New Member

Ask to see if they will give you a new rifle and send this one in for exchange.

7. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Check out numrich gun parts. They should have the parts you are looking for. I would take the rifle to a smith, and see what he will charge for the repairs. He may even have the parts kicking around in his shop. Best of luck.

8. trip

trip New Member

Just got an e-mail from ruger. Sounds like they can fix it. Apparently they don't sell some of the parts to gunsmiths.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

No No No-
    You dont want a new vs your 180 series :eek:

10. tri70

tri70 New Member

On another forum I have heard of cs offering credit towards another mini or rifle, I would keep all options on the table!:D

11. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

Might I ask why?

12. trip

trip New Member

Update. Ruger won't support a180 series but will give a credit towards another rifle. Don't have the all the details yet.