Mini 14 sub forum request

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by masterPsmith, Nov 9, 2009.

1. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Hey mods and admins., how about a Mini-14 Sub Forum to go along with the ARs and AKs. I know we have a lot of Mini owners out there.

Jim.......................

2. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

I would be interested to see what mods fellow Mini owners have made.........

3. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

I would be interested in that so I could get as many ideas to get my future Mini as accurate as possible while still keeping it looking good.

Lets get it done!!!!

4. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Dont have one.. Wouldn't mind learning more about them..Maybe even get one for the wife.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

buy her an AR with a collapsable stock she will love ya more :)

6. Buff

Buff New Member

I would also like to see a Mini-14 forum.

7. Laufer

Laufer New Member

Unlike at a well-known Mini website, how about separate forums for the 14 and the 30?
    Aftermarket magazine issues (very many issues) can create interest in a mag topic.

So many posters assume that readers know that a Mini 14 is being discussed, but not being stated, this so often leads to confusion among the legions of 30 (and 6.8) fans.

Ruger is now selling new Mini 30s with 20-rd. Ruger magazines, for the first time ever:). This could increase demand for new and used 30s.

The mags are reported (by calls to Ruger staff) to be available some time between November and January.
    Ruger lost many loyal customers over the years by their decision not to build larger mags for the Mini 30. Quite a number turned to the SKS or ARs.

As for the the Mini 14, they only began selling 20-rd. mags to US civilians last winter.....after the election. Very strange coincidence.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  8. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Strange?!?!...... I have (6) 20 round Ruger brand mini 14 magazines I had left over from the first mini I had in 1978. The rifle in 1978 came with a 20 round magazine and that was in California. BTW the old ruger mini 14 magazines fit the new mini 14's as well.