Mini-14 prices

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by falseharmonix, Aug 7, 2010.

1. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I've decided that I'd like to invest in a mini-14 as my 5.56 platform. I bounced back and forth between an AR, AK, and the mini...I've determined that I'd still like both the AR and AK some day, but that I just have a soft spot for the way the mini looks :rolleyes:

That aside, I cant seem to find them much under 7-800 bucks. Is this pretty much the way its going to be due to the great Washington takeover of '09?

2. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Harmonix,

I saw 1 at Wally World today for $617.00 blued ranch rifle with brown wood stock.

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Got the new one for 795, came with the houge synthetic stock and 4 20 round magazines.

4. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I'm wanting to spend no more than $600 on the initial firearm itself. I'm sure that accessories and ammo are going to put me well over that number, but that is my goal. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any deals. I'd also rather not give my money to Uncle Walton if possible.....way too many Walmarts for the greater good :rolleyes:

5. KMO

KMO New Member

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I just saw Ranch Rifles for $599. somewhere. That's about the best deal going right now. I'll try and remember where I saw the ad. If I do, I'll post a link.

If you want to go to stainless or for a tactical model, you will definitely pay more. A Ranch Rifle in stainless with the synthetic stock can run upwards of $100. more than a blued/wood version.

7. wjkuleck

wjkuleck Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

A pre-owned example is a possibility ;)...

Regards,

Walt

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

9. hiredhelp

hiredhelp New Member

As suggested, a pre-owned may be an option. If so, I recommend looking for an early blued "GB" model. They are great firearms and will hold their value. We have had three of the early "GB's" and they have worked great. As I said, three because there seems to be some one always ready to buy it when they see it. Our third one (the one we have now) is a member of the "185" serial number family making it a "Pre Ban". This is just one great rifle with great consistency. JMO

1911....enough said!

10. wjkuleck

wjkuleck Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Hmm...yep! I have two GBs, one blue with hardwood stock, the other is a stainless folder.

Regards,

Walt

11. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Gun Broker .com has a $hitload of mini 14 in a wide range of prices. Joe

12. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

ive had mine since they first came out......mid 70's i think....225 bucks brand new and came with the 20rd mag. i love it. not all that accurate by today's standards but really fun to shoot.

13. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Walt,

I have a stainless folder GB too, I love it. I also just picked up a stainless with the grey laminate stock, it is sweet.