Mini-14, Mo-Rod & a Bipod

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by Snakedriver, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

So I've been thinking about how to mount a bipod on my Mini-14 without using the typical klinky way of doing it using the Harris bipod adapter. That thing never looked like it was what I wanted. So I got to thinking, why not take advantage of the Mo-Rod installation I had? I ordered a UTG Single Rail Barrel Mount Adapter MNT-BR002S for $6.50 on Amazon, lined it with a couple of strips of rubber inner-tube material and attached it to the Mo-Rod with the medium screws. Piece of cake, and looked great.

Bipod_03.jpg

Then I ordered the UTG Rail-mount Tactical OP-2 Bipod form Amazon for $29.95 and installed it on the new rail adpater installed on the Mo-Rod. The results are a rock-solid bipod on my Mini that can be easily removed when not wanted. I'm thrilled with the results for under $40. This would all also work the same if you have a Accu-strut or Har-Bar on your Mini. :cool:

Bipod_01.jpg

Bipod_02.jpg

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's a very clever idea. Does it affect the MoRod's stabilization factor?

3. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

None at all, at the range shooting from the bench my accuracy was improved, but I think it was because I had a better support system from the bipod. :)

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Cool. Thanks.

5. KMO

KMO New Member

That's a great use of the Mo-Rod, but Snakedriver is sporting a 1st-generation set of clamps in those photos. We need to get him modernized ASAP! ;) His Mini will be looking more like this in no time...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  6. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Thanks to Kelly at MoRod.Com for upgrading my Mo-Rod to the new clamps and finish. The whole set-up looks great. First-class service as usual.

Here's the new photos for you to comare with:

Attached Files: