Million man gun march

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by erobertson, Jan 4, 2013.

1. erobertson

erobertson New Member

The wife and I were talking and she had a great question. Where are our prominent gun leaders on a 'Million Man Gun March'? If the rally cry started for gun owners to rally after Obama's inauguration, we could show not only Washington but indeed the world that America's gun owners aren't to be messed with what are you guys thoughts?

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

It would be much more helpful and less expensive if a Million men sent $5 bucks to the NRA. :)

3. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

It wouldn't send as powerful of a message. A well organized lobby at all of the State's Capitol buildings would be cost effective.

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Problem is, you know everyone would just have to carry their 'evil assault weapons' spreading fear throughout the anti's ranks... I cant see much good coming from it.

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Some antigun nut would join in the march and then shoot a dozen people with an AK rifle.:eek:

6. erobertson

erobertson New Member

I'm just tired of hiding behind the NRA and being treated like a criminal. I think a rally at our state capitals is a great idea. I also think that if America saw our strength in numbers, they'd realize we're not a bunch of loonies. I mean it's almost time to put up or shut up if PONTUS gets his way and pushes through a gun ban after HUD inauguration. They're bringing the fight to us ladies and gents.

7. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

Never happen! I think most gun owners are too busy taking care of their responsibilities. Hmmm.......being at our jobs comes to mind.

8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Hid behind the NRA? Last weeks Gallup Polls shows the NRA is highly regarded. The NRA was rated higher than OBama or Congress. I don't know where you live. NRA Orgs. are not seen as criminals in my state.:)

9. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

10. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Tea Party Rallies did nothing? What about 2010? Oh...wait, yeah I guess nothing changed so...I'll just load a few more mags and wait for the black helicopters.

Tack

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

FWIW, we did that at the Virginia State Capitol. Not against the law to CC there, so we sheduled a "Meet your legislator" day. Capitol Police set up a separate entrance for those of us with a CCW.

12. alpha11

alpha11 New Member

Not sure i could live with myself paying the nra for my "shall not be infringed" right.....since when should we pay lobbyists for this matter? After all if guns werent a liberal left agenda the nra proly wouldnt exist. Seems they profit from gun scares. If guns are banned there goes all ur membership dues.......

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Comments begining with "Seems to me" have led to more incompetent statements than just about anything else...

I think you need to study some history.

The NRA was around as the Nations leading authority on gun safety and marksmanship training looooong before there was any need to become a lobby group in defense of 2A liberties.

Start with the early 1930's and work your way up to the present looking and the history of gun control and the evolution of the NRA.

Once you've educated yourself...come back here and make a comment that hopefully does NOT begin with "seems to me". :rolleyes:

Tack

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

T Berry1, Well said. Anyone who claims to be a gun owner and attacks any Pro Gun Rights Org. has a problem. The NRA Dates to 1871 which predates the 1913 Progressive Movement by more than a few years.:(

15. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Bingo...

I'm usually not one to drop the TROLL card but we seem to have a bunch of new members who are either so young that this AWB debate is their first engagement OR...they're simply here to spread dissent toward or NRA.

Tack

16. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Well if it walks like a Duck and quacks like a Duck. Shoot the Damn thing. It seems every time the Antigun Media stirs up the Left Wing these people show up. Maybe flies do create garbage after all.:(

17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

so go kill yourself :cool:

18. Shade

Shade New Member

http://igold.isra.org/ISRA2013flyer.pdf

http://igold.isra.org/

Every year we march in Springfeild, our capital. Believe every Senator
    and Representative knows exactly who the ISRA is. IIRC last year we
    had over 12,000 people march, I could not March but I did call my
    Senator and Rep. and told them I was there in spirit.

19. nfafan

nfafan New Member

Actually true. Seems like liberal-leaning protestors of anything always seem to have days and days of free time to protest.

20. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I see the leftist media projecting the way the OC protesters were projected in CA. As crazy paranoid killers. I think there are better ways to go about this, especially in a nation that is a little gun shy at the moment.