Millet 1-4X24 DMS

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by jesseingall, Oct 22, 2011.

1. jesseingall

jesseingall New Member

I recently purchased a Millet 1-4X24 DMS to put on my Ruger Scout. I cannot get the battery compartment on this scope to open. I've used a coin and cannot get it to turn. Am I doing something wrong? Really would like to get the illuminated optics working! Thanks everyone in advance for replying.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

3. jesseingall

jesseingall New Member

I eventually got the compartment open. It took a pair of vice grips, channel locks, two people, a quarter and dings on the knob. I had to hold the knob with channel locks and hold a quarter with vice grips and have one person hold the channel locks and one person turn the cover. To think that a company thinks that it is alright to tighten this compartment so much that you can't get it open without using the strength of two men and tools is just ridiculous. I'm going to call Millet tomorrow and talk to them about this issue and hopefully they will send me a new battery compartment cover because mine has scuff marks and dings all in it from struggling. Also on a side note, the windage adjustment knob cover was bent when I received the scope. Millet should be using higher quality materials than what this scope is made of. Disappointed in this scope to say the least.