Firearms Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hey everyone, so I am stuck here at Ft. Polk for a min. I am a proud 10 yr active duty vet, who is about to go thourgh a medical board. I have been a firearms owner for about 8 years now, but have been shooting my whole life. I hope to stand side by side with all of you while we go thourgh difficult times for most gun owners. I am fighting for our rights in the military
You DA MAN!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey everyone, so I am stuck here at Ft. Polk for a min. I am a proud 10 yr active duty vet, who is about to go thourgh a medical board. I have been a firearms owner for about 8 years now, but have been shooting my whole life. I hope to stand side by side with all of you while we go thourgh difficult times for most gun owners. I am fighting for our rights while in the military and plan to do the same once I am medicaly retired. Hope to see some of you during our fight and also at the range.

Please don't call me a hero, I am just a man who wrote a blank check to the people of the US for the amount of and up to my life. The real hero's are my borthers and sisters who were not able to come home. I am proud to serve and I want to say thanks to all who have, are, or will serve in the military and to all who all support me in doing my duty.

·
Administrator
26,354 Posts
Greetings- glad you found your way to us- sorry you are at Polk!

Did 3 tours there- enlisted, NCO, officer. In the late 60's, really did not improve any from one tour to the next.

Good forum here. Keep a good sense of humor, join in when you have something to add, play nice with the other folks.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
C3 - Yeah it is pretty bad here. I'd rather be back in alaska with the cold than be here. Not much to do without ammo.

CA thank you and your welcome. I enjoy what I do and I would do it all over agian and not change a thing.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts

to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. You all are welcome for me servixe I really have had a blast defending the country in her time of need.

I was told yesterday due to my back surgery and other problems I will be going through the Medical Evaluation Board and will more than likely be a medical retired within the next 3-6 months. It scares the sh*t out of me. I have only know two jobs for the last 11 years (11 years in Apr.). Other than going back to school I am not 100% sure what I am going to do. A buddy of mine (with simular injuies) was told by one company that he was "unemployable", other than the fact he was dicriminated against tgis does not give ne hope. I am hoping it was the only company that says this.

Once again on behalf of the armed forces thank you for you support.

Shoot safe, shoot often

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Hey Warlord, as you know personally, courage is not the lack of fear, it is the knowledge that what you need to accomplish is more important than your fear!

We as humans haven't populated every corner of the Earth because we are the fastest, strongest, biggest, but because we are the most adaptable!

Have faith in yourself and draw on your deep resevoir of courage!!

You'll be just fine brother! Have faith!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well played, eatmydust well played.

You are right, thank you for that. It really make me feel a lot better knowing there are some people who still care about others.

I have to keep the Warrior Ethos in mind when going through life. Along with everything I have been taught in life both in the states and on the battlefield. On thing no one can take my values.

I do feel a lot better about leaving the army. I am sure this is going to be stressful and trying at times ahead.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Yes, it most assuredly will be, no need to sugar coat it. The measure of a man is not whether or not he falls, every man falls, the true measure of a man is how high he bounces after the fall.

Keep this close to your heart & use it regularly. Use this and believe this: "No matter how bad it is or how bad it gets, I'm going to make it!" That's from a fellow named Les Brown. You might want to listen to him on Youtube.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts