Military carry on base

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Franklin1995, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Hey guys, this latest Fort Hood shooting has pissed me off. Why do we not allow our military personnel to carry firearms on base? If you could, sign the petition on the link below. Let's get their attention and allow our military members the opportunity to defend themselves.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-active-duty-military-personnel-base/NYhFlzm0

Also, share this link any way you know how. Once it hits 150 signatures it'll become public. Tell your friends and family, and have them tell all their friends.

Franklin

2. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

signed it and sent it to my wife who works on Ft. Sam Houston and asked her to share it with her facebook friends and the people she works with

3. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Thank you so much. It's just a absolutely ridiculous rule that creates victims. The news agencies are reporting that it took 15 minutes for the MPs to arrive at the scene, and as soon as one did the SOB took himself out. If someone had been carrying, it would have ended in seconds. Instead, 3 people had to die.

4. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

I hate to say it, but this will NEVER happen. I agree that carry should be allowed, but it wont happen. It's crazy, that we train every single military member to handle a firearm safely, but then don't allow them to carry.

Also, it won't let me sign it.

AND... the Obama Administration, the same one that BLATANTLY ignores the Constitution, will never listen to this, even if every single person in America signs it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  5. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

I know that the chances are slim to none, but they will be none if we don't try.

6. seancslaughter

It was legal until Clinton was president

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

7. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Forget it, it's never gonna happen.

The military has the strictest regulations when it comes to loaded service weapons. Note I said service weapons--meaning officially issued and authorized firearms. Excluding military police, personnel on sentry duty are rarely permitted loaded weapons or a mag in the well, even in potentially hostile areas (see Beirut bombing, 1983). I've seen sentries required to have red wooden blocks inserted into the mag wells of their rifles.

Given the military's paranoia about arming its own members with authorized weapons and its penchant for restrictive ROE, (not to mention uniform regs!), it'll be a cold day in hell when they permit personal sidearms.

8. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Wow .... I am surprised at the number of members here that have surrendered with "Won't Happen" comments.

Keep Pushing Patriots.!

9. seancslaughter

It was 20 years ago when the Military started this not allowed to carry concealed bullcrap so it wasnt that long ago and they did it because Clinton pushed it. This kid that did this shooting the other day was in the WTB (Warrior Transition Battalion) which is basically a nice way of saying your so ****ed up we have to retrain you for civilian life battalion. My wife deals with these guys daily she told me how one guy told her he wanted to drink a gallon of bleach(She reported it to her clinic manager and nothing was done. I am scared for her because a lot of these guys in the WTB are really psychologically screwed up and instead of doing what the military used to do which was medically chapter board them out of the military which if done properly would ensure they were compensated monthly by the VA and would have free medical treatment for the disability. Now they keep them around and teach them stuff to control rage and crap and these guys have free reign to go wherever basically. Now don't get me wrong a lot of good Soldiers are in WTB for legitimate medical reasons like loss of limbs or TBI, but the psych cases should be processed out as fast as possible and handed over to civilian psychological professionals.

10. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

I'm shocked too... I know that this is probably not going to get anywhere, but I feel better knowing that I'm at least trying. I've got a friend that lives 2 blocks away from where the shootings happened. He or his family could have been a victim. I refuse to just stand by and watch more people die.

11. seancslaughter

My wife works on Ft Sam lots of my battle buddies are still in the military and I was stationed at Hood and my Ex wife still works at Ft Hood as a civilian so I worry even though we have'nt spoken in years

12. 7point62

I don't recall the military 20, 30 or even 40 years ago ever allowing personnel to carry their private firearms concealed on their person while on duty and in uniform on any military base in CONUS. Or OCONUS for that matter.

There are good reasons why the military doesn't allow every swingin dick in uniform to have a personal firearm on them or even in their locker. If you've ever seen a fight in the barracks or the squadbay you'd know why. I've broken up my share of brawls; and can think of quite a few individuals I've met in the military who should not have access to a loaded firearm on demand.

13. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

So because of a few, everyone should lose their right? Sounds pretty familiar...

14. 7point62

Don't go there, brother. That's not what I mean. The military is a whole different ballgame. IT IS NOT A DEMOCRACY. The only Constitution in the military is the Uniform Code of Military Justice and the contract you signed when you entered. Once you sign, you become the property of the branch you join, just like any other piece of equipment--and they own your life, to do with as they please, even if it means sending you to your death. Your civilian rights once you join either do not apply or are strictly limited based on the needs and requirements of the military. Doesn't anybody get this?

15. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

I know that. I'm shipping out to PI in a month and a half, I understand completely that they own you. But still, you should be able to defend yourself and your brothers on base.

16. seancslaughter

I am not saying everyone. I feel that if they have a legally obtained concealed carry permit for whatever state they are stationed in they should be able to carry concealed. They should be required to take an additional military class (Say 40 hours training) to be able to carry on post. I too met quite a few individuals I didnt think should be armed while I was in I even spent a year in Iraq with 2 people who I felt that way who had loaded automatic weapons on them the entire time. As Soldiers we already waive enough of our Rights to defend others Rights why is the GOD given Right to protect ourselves taken away while we are at home? I remember immediately after 9/11 my unit was assigned to protect the airfield on the 4th ID side of Ft. Hood We were given our M4's and M16's and not even an empty mag to put in the magwell (so anyone who knows anything about firearms would know we did not have rounds). We had to take a eeklong course on what our duties were at the guard post one of the powerpoint presentations went like this "What do you do if someone pulls a weapon on you at the gate?" click next slide "Shoot them until they are no longer a threat!" click next slide "Perform first aid." I **** you not we laughed so hard, but the situation was ridiculous. It takes a certain type of person to be in the military and yes many go in that don't fit the normal mold anymore, but if you look at the combat ops guys we were a bunch of heavy drinking, heavy smoking, hard fighting, cussing men that did not fit well into following social norms.

17. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

If you pulled out a gun and fired a shot at somebody on an Israeli military base or if you shouted "Allahu Akbar"on an Israeli military base, this is the last thing you would see before the lights went out. She is not an MP:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  18. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I believe there is validity to carrying on post! If nothing else every designated area should have if nothing else designated people in all areas that are carrying their M-9 pistols in plain sight. Wearing BDU uniforms it would be normal! These are soldiers! And in every past event we have been dealing with a coward! If they do not want everyone carrying like this looser from yesterday then some! Like maybe some officers and noncoms in all areas. Each area always has several of these ranked officers present.
    But once again as in Maj. Hasan the warning signals were already visible to anyone and also the staff and medical people that he was a muslim radical sympathizer. What was he still doing in the military? But once again nothing was done. This looser allegedly had PTSD only serving 4 months in Iraq. And then claimed to have traumatic brain injury and never had a combat injury? It does not take a mental giant to see the warning signs. But once again the military did nothing. Kind of sounds like our present administration! However, to make myself perfectly clear being a Vet myself serving from 1966-72. I agree with soldiers and my heart goes out to those who have died, been seriously injured and do in fact have PTSD not just a lunatic mental like this guy. In fact a good friend of mine's 23 year old son just recently killed himself because the military did not stand up to their responsibility. He had served three tours in Afghanistan (Ranger) and did have PTSD. All the military did after they evaluated him the first time with PTSD is send him pills at home for his disorder. He never was scheduled for monitoring or a return visit. This is an example of the atrocity that is going on in our military! Yes, I believe without doubt military people should have weapons to defend themselves and whackos like the looser at Ft Hood should never have still been in the military. Obviously simply mentally ill but I do not personally buy the PTSD in his case due to the fact of the misleading information concerning traumatic brain injury and etc. Kick their A** out of the military and send him back to the Philippines. Hopefully this will not follow the situation like Maj Hasan when O and company claimed workplace violence! BS. Keeping the families from collecting when in fact it was very obvious it was a terrorist act in the name of Allah!
    It is ironic that they just arrested the new recruit who was planning a Jihad at Ft. Hood this week and a day later or so this whacko!??????
    I am PO as well as very sad that this incident occurred! God Bless the families and those injured in this unnecessary event! And thanks to the female MP who confronted the whacko. He saved us a lot of expense! Normal Coward!

19. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

I signed the petition. (Only 4 signatures when I signed? ? ? ? )

20. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Yea, honestly I'm surprised that more people from here haven't signed this...