Military ammo?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by BamaChad, Sep 25, 2020.

1. BamaChad

BamaChad Member

IMG_20200925_082915225.jpg Found this in a box of Winchester 9mm. The rest are just normal 115gr fmj. Of course this one is exactly the same only what I think is the stamp for military / nato. WMA for Winchester Military Ammunition. The circled + for nato. Just thought it was neat.

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I've never seen that headstamp. :confused::confused:

NATO. no doubt. But Winchester normally uses "WRA" for Winchester repeating arms, or "WCC" for Western Cartridge Co.

Rifling82 and BamaChad like this.

3. BamaChad

BamaChad Member

I only know from Google lol. They say the WMA is from a new plant. 20 of course being the year they were made. I actually just found a second one in a box of 100. It's about half a box now so no telling how many I've shot already. I don't know if they are different at all from the others. I hope they aren't much different. My canik is rated for +P but some guns aren't. I imagine that could cause a problem for people.

4. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

That’s interesting, I’ll have to keep my eye out for that

BamaChad likes this.
  5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for the info. :)

Rifling82 and BamaChad like this.
  6. noylj

noylj Member

Was it a box of "cheap" ammo? Often, manufacturers will include military over-runs since, you know, who cares. For most, as long as it goes bang...

BamaChad and Rifling82 like this.
  7. BamaChad

BamaChad Member

Winchester white box target fmj. So yeah lol. At least it's their own product. I found out that WMA is the stamp for the Oxford, Mississippi plant. That's about two hours from me so it makes sense.

Sniper03, locutus and Rifling82 like this.