Mil-Tac CE-2: Dillinger & Francisco Put It To The Test!

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Dillinger, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well, here are the knives. We had a problem in shipping, Thank You to the USPS, and Craig has had to file a claim against his insurance on the first shipment.

I notified Craig and he had a second set of knives sent out FedEx and they showed up today. Thank you Craig!!

As I am still at work, I had Household 6 take a couple of photos for you guys to end the anticipation.

I give you our new test knives: CE-2 Special Operations Utility Knives

Attached Files:

2. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Wicked!!! That knife is just asking to be used. I like the ambidextrous sheath, nice touch.

Thank you for making this happen, Craig and JD.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Well, get cuttin' and testin'. :D

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well, now comes announcement two.

Benning has had a complete computer failure and is working a lot of hours to get a good payday to get back on line.

As such, he has requested that I send his test knife to Francisco so that the tests can move forward in a timely fashion.

Francisco, being the all around nice guy and blade nut that he is, has graciously agreed to do some cutting for our tests. :D

So, I will take some pictures tonight or tomorrow of the blade I will be testing doing some action and Francisco's new test blade will be FedEx'd out, hopefully, tomorrow.

With a little luck, by the weekend, this thing will be in FULL SWING!!

Many thanks to Craig and Mil-Tac for taking part in this event.

JD

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  5. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Let the games begin!!!

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Very nice. I await the testing with much anticipation. :)

7. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Thanks for the update, I was wondering if it would be a one sided test now and BB's status on FTF given his last post on the forum. Hope he is well.

Franciscomv taking over his side of the test......
    Does that now make it the FTF Inter-Continental Knife Challenge?:D

8. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

JD is a PC liberal at heart, and he felt that he needed a Latino knife tester to add diversity. ;)

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Truth be told, Benning got a great knife from his Secret Santa, and I just couldn't have him owning everything I own, so I sent him a virus, crashed his system and played the roll until he named Francisco as his successor. :D

Benning will be back for the next knife test and Francisco really is the master in this domain. Having him to test against is really going to cause me to raise the bar of what I am willing to do, planning to do, going to do to put this knife out there and test what it is capable of handling in the real world.

But this is an AWESOME knife. I got pictures today, but I need to retake some in different light.

The choil and the back edge of the weapon is SO friggin thick. I am pretty sure I can break a wrist with a back of the blade strike.

This thing feels SOOOOOO good in your hand and the G-10 is polished to an amazing feel. I am going to do a Baby Oil test, but I think this blade is going to adhere to my hand like superglue on tar.

More to follow.

JD

10. CA357

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay. Francisco's test blade shipped out today. There are two things I would like to share with you all.

1) Fed Ex may service the world, but finding a place that will ship a knife to Argentina was a lot harder than it should have been. I had to find a Fed Ex hub that would "allow" me to ship the knife, and even THEN they had to call Fed Ex International Assistance to "verify".

2) Shipping things to Argentina be expensive. I suggest we all chip in and adopt both Francisco and Asmel and get them to the land of the big PX.

My testing starts this weekend. Or tonight if I can get some free time.

JD

12. CA357

We still abide. :cool:

13. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

I agree :D LMAO!

14. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I can pack and be ready to leave in 30 minutes. :D

Seriously though, thanks for taking the time to ship the knife. FedEx can be moronic at times, my main knife supplier uses them and it took us a while to learn how to make the shipping smooth. They are still better than the thieving Argentine post.

15. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I think CA is still abiding.

16. CA357

Yup, I abide. But I'm going to the range shortly. I'll abide some more when I get back. ;)

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay, so I got some images cleaned up and I want to give you guys some perspective on this knife and how well it is made.

There are 3 choils cut into the full length blade. One right in front of the handle, and 2 on both the underside and back of the handle respectfully.

They are deep enough to help insure a really great purchase on the knife, are aggressive, but not sharp to the point causing any flesh tearing issues.

This grind on this blade is very well done, as can be seen in the images. It's very even and the edge is very sharp right out of the box.

With just a light pressure I was able to remove the hair from about a 6" strip of my forearm. :eek:

My initial impression was that the knife was very well made, but now having handled it for a couple of days in various grips, I really love the G10 grips and how they are smoothed out and crafted to fit your hand.

Attached Files:

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

One of the things that I noticed right off is that this knife is very thick on the spine and thru the full tang.

I mic'd it and it came in at about a .187" or .188" right in front of the handle.

Yet the knife doesn't feel heavy or bulky, it's got a very nice balance and I will be testing it in a thrown capacity to see how it performs.

Here are some more shots of the knife before the testing started....

Attached Files:

19. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Thanks for the pics, I can't wait until mine shows up on Wednesday!

What do you think about the sheath?

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Normally I would say that I am not that impressed with the sheath material, but this one is well put together & is growing on me.

It has molle attachments, front and back, along with a long strap and snap button on the back that would allow you to weave it through a couple of Molle's on your vest or belt.

I like that since a knife this size would be ideal for an inverted chest carry.

Inside the fabric there is a hard sheath that is probably made of G-10 ( I don't know for sure ) that houses the blade, so you have no fear of the point poking through the fabric and getting to you.

The insert is universal, so left or right handed won't make a difference. You can slide the blade in for any application and it's protected and secure.

This is well designed. It has a one snap release, but when its in place, it is very secure, solid and safe.

All in all, so far, I am very impressed with this knife for the price, especially with the Vendor Discount that will be offered to FTF Supporting Members.

JD