Mike Tyson Boxing or MMA?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Boxing

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. MMA

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. WTF Tyson is an asshat go crawl under a rock douche bag.

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Ok I read reports that Tyson might think about making another run in the ring? Would you like to see him in the RING or the OCTAGON?

I think that with the right training say ATT or Greg Jackson You could see Tyson as a right decent threat at light heavy or heavyweight. What do you guys think? It might make for a good addition to say TUF 14 or TUF 15.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

I'd like to see him in Hangover 2 more than ever fighting again.

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

I voted for boxing, but Tyson is definitely a douche. I haven't watched MMA, but I was a big boxing fan back in the days of Ali, Frazier, and Foreman.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Watch it Lon your dating yourself....

5. Steve65

Steve65 New Member

Like to see him in 1 MMA fight -- get the crap kicked out of him and go back to obscurity.

6. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

MMA, first fight against Herschel Walker. He'd be lucky to be able to crawl out of the ring. :cool:

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Oooh, I'm the only one that thinks he's an asshat.:eek:

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The wheels on the Tyson train came loose when he lost his mentor Cus D'amoto in '85.

This was the guy who basically was the father figure and controlling influenced that balanced the violence and anger of a very young and powerful Mike Tyson.

Yes, he had very good success after that loss, but most agree that his success was because of anger over the loss and his irrational behavior outside the ring that was written off as 'a young man with a lot of money suddenly' started when Cus died.

The book Fire & Ice tells a very real and very inside view of a young man with potential and ability to be champ for a very long time lose a man that he probably respected more in this world than anyone, including himself and the "sudden" loss left a hole in Tyson that apparently has yet to be filled.

I actually feel bad for the guy, as he was truly a monster when he was under Cus' wing. He would get killed in MMA.

Being left handed, his Southpaw stance would be eaten up by anyone with a leg kick and his traditional boxing stance leaves him open to head kick after head kick since he is looking to throw that big left, but lacks the reach and was only effective against bigger opponents when he could lunge and punch at the same time. Try that in any basic wrestling school and find out hit percentage vs. takedown percentage is going to be a wee bit one sided.

I know he needs the cash, but I think his "best" shot is a run in the boxing arena and that is going to be on televised undercards at best.

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree, Lon. Ali is "The Greatest". Tyson is good for nothing!!

No, you definitely are not the only one.

10. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

I'd rather see him make a run at a music career.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_oAvdvQW18]YouTube - The Hangover - "Did we leave the music on?"[/ame]

11. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Have you seen the documentary film "Tyson?" I went in thinking it was going to make me feel better about the guy......not a chance.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I haven't. I stopped following his career long before the Buster Douglas fight and found out about it like a few weeks later and went "WTF?"

What were some of the "highlights" of said documentary??

I know the dude went "S" box crazy during the Robin Givens marriage, but c'mon, who can blame the guy?!?! Have you heard that woman talk?? :eek:

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

The film came out a couple years ago. Just basically his narration of how and why he turned out the way he did.

14. amoroque

amoroque New Member

I would love to see Tyson get rocked in an MMA fight!

I can just imagine a Fighter like Royce Gracie working him over like a rag doll. Yes......that would definitely put a smile on my face to see him tap out!

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Is Royce off his suspension for steriods yet?? Must be, that was awhile ago.

You can always go back to the Ali / Antonio Inoki fight to see boxer versus pro wrestler/shootfighter. :rolleyes::p

16. amoroque

amoroque New Member

I think his suspension was over in 2008. I could be wrong, I havent seen him fight in so long.