MidwayUSA, this is why I don't even look elsewhere.

Discussion in 'Company Review Forum' started by Wiebelhaus, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

From "State of the Business" email sent out this morning:

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

thanks Weibel. i like doing business with Midway as well. perfect service, very good pricing and fast shipping at a decent price. they are my first choice for all my firearm needs.

3. sewserious

sewserious New Member

Love their products and service; can't beat their range bags!

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

A great company.

My go-to parts and such.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

been orderign from them for years. great customer service and their webstore is superb. i love their shopping cart features with its wishlist.

brownells is the polar opposite. its hell to find anything related to your search criteria on there.

6. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

Got the same E-mail. Larry Potterfield is a gentleman of the old school. I watch the Midway sponsored shooting programs religiously. I even enjoy his commercials.:)

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

What he ^ said-:)

8. tCan

tCan Active Member

Sorry, but if things are selling at elevated prices in auctions, then that's what their market value is. Midway simply thinks that loosing out on money now is trade-able for customer loyalty. Personally, I'll buy from whoever delivers the product for the lowest price. Period.

This concept of price gouging or scalping is actually the traditional market mechanism for bringing more producers and product to market. Selling gas at $10 a gallon to an area hit by a storm and has no access to gas, is efficiently allocating those scarce resources to those who need it most. After all, money isn't food, and it isn't a way to do work. It's NOT a resource. It's the mechanism by which we allocate resources to the most productive and the most in need.

Accept this fact now and you'll be a lot happier in the long run.

9. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

midway just cut the NRA $1,000,000 check.

10. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Midway is my go to usually unless i find a deal. Never again will i even look at CtD, bunch of scum

11. DiabloMan

DiabloMan New Member

Never had good luck with Midway. Couldn't get a catalog and was told snotty-like on the phone I don't know what I want! I'll never buy from Midway. There are better places to buy!

12. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

CTD wouldn't happen to be one of those places?

13. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

In the last few days, I have been able to get 1500 rounds of ammunition from them. Good company, not taking advantage of tough times like CTD.

14. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

What I've always liked about Midway are their fast shipping and the great return policies that they have.
    I rarely ever wait more than 3 days for my purchase to reach my house on anything that I purchase.

15. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

+1 for Midway. They are not always the cheapest but they ship quickly, they have most anything you need, and they care about their customers. Today is my Birthday. They send their customers special prices on everything in their inventory valid for about a week through midnight on your Birthday. The discounts are real and represent a good value. For my money this company is a class outfit and has earned my business for life.

16. jebsca

jebsca New Member

Midway has a great website, customer service that can't be beat, some of the fastest shipping around, and fair prices. They are the standard other comanies should be judged by.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Would this really count as a resurrection? The last post was only a little over 4 months ago.

18. tCan

tCan Active Member

If it doesn't make it onto the quarterly statement, it's dead in my books.

19. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Always been a good company for me. I just miss the "Free Shipping" days they had....:eek:

20. therewolf

therewolf New Member

They DO have a nice catalog. It's great to see an owner

who stands behind his customers.

Maybe Midway's stance, in these hard times,

will shame other retailers into putting

customers in front of profit, too. I know not

about others, but I have a lo-ong memory...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013