Mid length moe on carbine

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Brenton92, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Brenton92

Brenton92 New Member

Is there a way I could do this I have a low pro gas block

2. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

3. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I think it would be cheaper to order a carbine length MOE than to adjust a non-free float to it.

4. Brenton92

Brenton92 New Member

I did and the guy I ordered it from sent the wrong one and now won't sent the right one

5. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

You'd have to have the barrel drilled for pins to mount a FSP at the mid length position then find a gas block low enough to fit under the MOE.

6. Brenton92

Brenton92 New Member

How can I get the end cap off with out taking the gas block all the way of

7. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Yes, it's called a dissy or dissapator. It can be done and some places like PSA sell them. BCM has a version w/ the gas port at the carbine postion and a FSP at the mid length position on a 12.5" barrel. The barrels are drilled for pins at both locations.

The version like PSA's MOE dissy is heavy. The MOEs are heavy, the rifle length MOE is really heavy as compared to similar designs.

Is there a reason you're wanting to stick w/ the MOE and go through all of this instead of going w/ a FF rail?

Wire cutters

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  8. Brenton92

Brenton92 New Member

No money at the time and it's for my dad he has a tumor and is fix to have surgery to remove it in a few weeks so im trying to get this done as quick as possible so he can shoot

9. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

You can use a set screw FSP and shave your existing FSP to fit under the MOE HG. I don't know if the shaven FSP will fit under it though. Do you already have the mid length MOE? What color HG were you going w/?

10. Brenton92

Brenton92 New Member

It's a fde moe handguard and I have a low pro gas block already on the upper and yes already have the middy in my hands

11. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

just checking. I had a OEM style middy in the parts box I would have sent you for the price of postage. It sounds like you have everything except the FPS. If you're looking to get it done fast you may want to get a set screw FSP until you can get the holes pinned for a PSP.

12. Brenton92

Brenton92 New Member

That's what I'm am looking at but nothing in stock

13. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

What's your budget?

14. Brenton92

Brenton92 New Member

I have 50 bucks to my name

15. Brenton92

Brenton92 New Member

It's saying bad URL

16. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I really think you should just stick w/ the carbine length HG as well but if you must do it I have a set screw FSP I can sell you for $30 shipped. I paid over twice that.

The link worked for me. It's a link to a carbine MOE.

17. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Go to Amazon and type in a search for ar-15 carbine foreend. You'll get plenty, all for well under fifty including shipping and handling, and in stock.