Micro Desert Eagle / Kevin ZP98 (PICS)

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by The_American_of_Zone_9, Jun 16, 2014.

1. The_American_of_Zone_9

The_American_of_Zone_9 New Member

Micro Desert Eagle / Kevin ZP98

Dear fellow handgunners,

In the coming month of July 2014 I plan on buying a Kevin ZP98, aka the Micro Desert Eagle in the U.S. I've done my research and believe that it is the right weapon to serve as my high concealed carry gun within my cache of weapons. Nevertheless, before I take the plunge (so to speak) I'd like to finish off my buying decision by coming to all of you just once more. So, without any further ado... my question is as such:

Is the Kevin ZP98 aka Micro Desert Eagle a worthwhile weapon to own?

I look forward to your input.

Best regards,
    D. Idaho

P.S. Sorry about the lack of pictures. Having trouble with the URL in Flickr.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

What was the question?

no offense and none taken

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Yea, what was your question?

4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I owned a MDE.

+ Good looking, exc workmanship, all steel, interesting design (dual rods/springs), easily fits in a pocket.

- A bear to shoot, may need a long break in with hollowpoints, no sights to speak of, heavy.

IMO: there are better choices today.

5. bbertram

bbertram New Member

I owned two MDE's and they both were fine pistols. Handled HP ammo well. I bought them because they were small and all steel. They could conceal anywhere if you can stand the weight. I wouldn't count on hitting a target at more than 25 feet, but I felt they were reliable and would last a long time. I rejected both the Keltec and S&W offerings in this tiny range, but feel the MDE was a keeper in the tiny pistols.
    Brent

6. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

they're good to go