Michigan worker fired after turning in gun found on job...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, May 18, 2012.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

A guy in the news found a snubnose revolver while mowing grass in Detroit yesterday and gave-it to police and the Department of What-Ever fired him for-it and gave his foreman that knew about it a 30 day leave....Only in America...I think his union is fighting-it...He hit it with the lawnmore and was just happy it didn't go-off....:confused:....?????......Not sure what Link it would be on....

2. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Do you have a link to the news article?

3. fmj

fmj New Member

4. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Ooops, the thread police catches another one.

5. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

...SORRY....I guess I didn't look around a-nuff before I started a new thread....:rolleyes:....

6. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Thanks for the thread. I hadn't seen the other one either.

That's just incredible that poor bastard got the boot for turning in a gun he damn near ran over. I wonder what the official reason given for his termination was.

*found* on the other thread " employees aren't allowed to possess a weapon on work property " WTH?!@? Unbelievable and he was just about to retire too.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  7. fmj

fmj New Member

just trying to help bro....it has a link to the story

8. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Yea...I didn't do my home-work before I started a new thread and look around to see if anyone already posted-it...Thanks for pointing it out....

9. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

The crime that caused his firing was "Handling a dirty, weapon of mass destruction." He was so contaminated as to never be a useful employee again.

10. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Company policies usually require that you don't stumble upon firearms. In fact, even thinking about firearms can be a violation.