Michigan Open Carry Prevails!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by partdeux, Nov 21, 2013.

1. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

This is most awesome
    http://publicdocs.courts.mi.gov:81/sct/public/orders/20131120_s146596_81_146596_2013-11-20_or.pdf

Michigan Open Carry was sued by Capital Area District Library for violating the library rules on carrying firearms. MOC lost in District Court, prevailed in appeals court, and again at state supreme court. CADL's argument was that they were not subject to state's preemption rules and could make their own rules on firearms. Interesting part of the entire case, many of the firearms crowd said it doesn't matter to me, I'm a hunter, or I only CC. HOWEVER, the case was on their ban on ALL firearms.

It's a great day with even the liberal court members voting to uphold the state constitutional preemption.

It's a sad day for the users of the library, as they have lost well over 100k in financials chasing their ridiculous claim.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

State preemption clauses apply to ALL governmental entities. Cities, Counties, Water Districts, Library Districts, etc. If they are a taxing authority, it applies. Nice to see little generals get their comuppance

3. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Beautiful...

In the days of BHO... It's refreshing to see that sun still does rise in the East and that the sky is still Blue!

Tack

4. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Timeline written by President MOC

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Congrats! Another government bully law bites the dust.