Michigan Man Guilty of Second Degree Murder

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by alsaqr, Aug 7, 2014.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

2. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

he should have called joe biden as an expert witness.

just sayin'

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You can't shoot someone for beating on your door.

4. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

by the sounds of things, the pink elephant should have told him this.

5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

You don't shoot through an outside door unless you're being shot at.:(

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

well actually you can. he did.

a jury just showed him he couldn't get away with it!

7. Donn

Donn Active Member

The man shot an unarmed woman thru a locked screen door. I'm surprised the jury took as long as they did. If it were me, (Yes, I'd have been armed too, in case things escalated), I wouldn't have opened the entry door. I can yell thru it. A call to 911, the suburb in question has a pretty good response time. Had he done that, he'd be sleeping in his own bed tonight, not at the state's expense.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

My son used to deliver pizzas. He delivered a pizza to a remote farmhouse one night that housed several hired hands. It was about 2000. My son knocks on the door and when the door swings open there is a shot gun pointed at his head. Not everyone in the house knew an occupant had ordered a pizza. When my son told me that story I went CRAZY!!! Thank God the ignorant ass didn't pull the trigger.

[​IMG]

9. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

From the article...

A white suburban Detroit homeowner was found guilty on Thursday...

Gotta amp up the racial issue to sell papers I guess....:rolleyes:

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Was the woman shot black?

This situation stresses "KNOW YOUR TARGET". Randomly shooting is never a good idea.

11. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Yes the female was black. After the Travon fiasco created by the media, I have a hard time hiding my disdain for reporters and the manipulative media.

12. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

On our local news last night they reported on a homeowner shot an intruder breaking into their shed.

The homeowner will not be charged according to the DA. The thief is in the hospital in serious condition. I am waiting for the outrage, and for the DA to reverse course. I am all for armed defense, but the shed out in the yard? Must have been some damn important things in there.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I think it would be extremely difficult to convince a grand jury that you were "in fear of death or great bodily harm" from someone breaking into your shed.

14. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Yes. Guilty of 2nd degree murder. He shot her because he was P.O.'d when, due to her hysterical state, she failed to be adequately humble when he confronted her. There was no excuse for him to claim to be in fear for his life.

15. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

He got what he deserves.

16. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

What a really annoying article.
    The tenuous comparisons to the Trayvon Martin shooting were irritating.

Seems like justice was served here.

17. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

sad case. girl obviously didn't deserve to die. i could see where the homeowner may have been scared, but he really should have used better judgment and she is dead because of poor judgement imo.

he definitely should do time. 2nd degree murder, i dunno? i didn't see all the evidence either way though.

18. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I agree with the verdict 100%! This was a tragedy and should have never happened. An unarmed teenager regardless of color coming to a residents door for Help! This guy is a complete goofball and idiot and deserves whatever they give him! A flat terrible senseless situation! God Bless the family of the little girl! I also have the upmost respect for what the man from the family stated after the verdict. People have the right to bear arms and protect themselves this was a careless act that should not have ever happened!
    What he was saying is that he believes in the Second Amendment regardless of losing a precious member of the family! This is totally opposite I am sure of what the liberal anti-gunners wanted to hear! Once again God Bless their family at this time!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  19. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

exactly right. grab your gun (JIC).....call the cops and wait.

me, once i realized it was a teen girl...i'd figure i can handle her w/o a gun if need be....:rolleyes:

as said....seems near impossible to justify "fear for your life" here....

20. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Oh how I love many of the opinions that haven't followed the story.

Jury was quick to convict, so they did not buy the in fear of his life story.

The neighborhood has had several recent break-ins
    It was late at night
    The underage young lady was legally drunk and had just suffered a car accident.
    IRC, she also damaged his outer door.

Three things came to mind
    DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY PRESENT
    DO NOT OPEN YOUR DOOR LATE AT NIGHT
    And, the young lady has some ownership for DUI and wrecking her car.