Michigan Firearms Store?

Discussion in 'Michigan Gun Forum' started by fupuk, Jul 2, 2013.

1. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Im going on a bike ride this Friday and I figure I would go somewhere and look for a new pistol while im out. Whats the best firearm store in Michigan and where is it located? Im in GrandRapids but anywhere in the state will work for me. Thank you.

2. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I haven't shopped wide and far, but Magnum Force in Monroe is where I have bought most of the collection. Cabela's is just a short distance away and worthy of a visit :)

What are you looking for? I'm looking to sell a couple of safe queens ;)

3. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Thanks, but no safe queens for me right now. I was in a motorcycle accident a few weeks ago and I messed up my 1911. And I spent way to much to keep carrying that particular firearm. So off I go looking for something else that I can carry everyday. Im thinking a Glock 21.

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

Double Action Indoor Shooting Center and Gun Shop, Madison Heights. If you're coming across the state to the Detroit area, it's worth your time.

5. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

Schupbach's in downtown Jackson is nice
    Jay's is always a good choice
    Cabelas or Gander Mountain, or Bass Pro if you like lots of people and like to pay list price
    What is the one in Edwardsburg? Anyway I will never go there again, besides it is mostly fishing stuff

6. partdeux

just be advised, double action is anti 2A and forbids open carry

7. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I got to On Target in kalamazoo a whole lot. I've bought a slew of fire arms from them (and they have more than I've seen in any one place) and I get all of my reloading stuff from them. D&R is about 1 mile down the road too which is a great all around outdoor sports store.

8. Donn

Donn Active Member

??? True open carry's not allowed, but anti 2A? How do you connect those dots?

9. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Total firearms in mason is worth a stop. They have a indoor range and a good slection of guns you can rent to shoot if you like.

10. partdeux

you either believe in firearms or you don't. State law permits open carry, they don't.

11. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

If headed north, try The Armory in Traverse City. Lots of Glocks.

12. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Well thanks for all the suggestions but I was just informed I have to work friday and saturday night. So Im not gonna be able to go on the trip I was planning on.

13. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

Forgot about Johnson's in Adrian
    Michigun is another fine place....
    Too bad your trip is cancelled... Now I am thinking about a roadtrip!

14. msup752

msup752 New Member

I'm usually headed TO Grand Rapids for my gun purchases. Silver Bullet Firearms in Wyoming. They sell NFA items (suppressors).
    Jays in Claire is huge!
    Skip Total Firearms in Mason. I used to go there a lot but their prices kept climbing pre-panic. I offered them a pistol for $400 and they countered at $300. They had the same pistol in blue (mine was a rare discontinued stainless) used asking $1k. Usually they paid half of the resale value but this time I was told they wouldn't make any money if they paid $400 for it. Crazy! I used to spend thousands there yearly but haven't been back since.
    I hope you get to take your trip later! It sounds interesting to check out shops all over the state.

15. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Schupbachs in jackson is the same way. Some of the younger guys that work the gun counter are total dicks too

16. blackbird94

blackbird94 New Member

I much prefer Barracks 616 in Grand Rapids to Silver Bullet. In the Kalamazoo area, Bullets and Barrels in Richland.

17. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

in the Flint area check out Bullocks guns and safe, Davison Mi. is where William gun site is located just off Irish road and I 69. The gun barn north of Millington on M15 too, Guns Galore in Fenton mi is another place to fire arm shop.

:D Al

18. Allenvdb

Allenvdb New Member

Thanks for all the great options everybody!