MIAD Grip

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by TacticalPrecision, Sep 25, 2011.

1. TacticalPrecision

TacticalPrecision New Member

I've been trying to get my B2 Backstrap from my MIAD on for awhile now and have met with nothing but constant issues. I finally got the inside of the beavertail filed down enough for it to fit on with a bit of force and it looks like this now. Anyone else had this issue before? if not think I should call up Magpul with a WTF?

Attached Files:

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I would call them, TP. Magpul will take care of you I bet. I don't have a MIAD but my MOE pistol grip fit the lower very nicely, so the freakin' MIAD backstrap should fit its own grip too. Ya think? :p

3. TacticalPrecision

You'd think, and before i put the grip on I could have sworn it fit well, but it doesn't make sense that with it installed it would be pulled apart like that. I'm just afraid its an issue with the lower being improperly machined or something and then having to deal with Spike's on that.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah I see your point, TP. You wouldn't expect the Spikes lower to be out of spec, they sell a ton of them and I've never heard of a problem in that area. But then Magpul knows their stuff too. Still, I'd suspect the problem to be plastic instead of metal, though.

5. TacticalPrecision

agreed that's why i'm starting there primarily.