MI Call to action request 3/21/12 (today only)

Discussion in 'Michigan Gun Forum' started by partdeux, Mar 21, 2012.

1. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Copied from Michigan Open Carry call to action request… please call today (3/21/12) to ensure this moves through committee. Not only will we finally get away from the county to county rules, but even more importantly, solves the OC v CC pistol free zone issues.

2. partdeux

YEA it passed through committee, on it's way to the full floor!
    Passed 5-1, with one members vote not taken because the childish member walked out.

3. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

AWESOME JOB MICHIGAN!!!!! Although your fight is not over, your prop. has made it to the floor. Let me know if theres anything a supporter from Virginia can do to help. Keep it up, the 2nd amendment should cover every American....

4. partdeux

We've had a tough time in MI, especially the in-fighting amongst the firearm supporters. Even now, we have the group that says this should be turned down because it doesn't go far enough, and the opposite spectrum, the hunter crowd that doesn't support firearm carry. Luckily enough people turned out and made an impact on most of the committee members.

5. msup752

msup752 New Member

Hope it keeps going. I drive my child to school and we walk two blocks from the parking lot to her class room. That is a long ways to go to get it if it was really needed! Open carry is legal with a CPL but that would not be beneficial.

6. partdeux

Make sure you call your state senator next week. Michigan Open Carry president will put out a call for action alert, so either sign up for the email or watch the MOC site. Lets keep this moving!

7. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Look up the SB59 now. One more step.

8. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Got this in a email

Attached Files: