Methanol Barrel Ride

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Troy Michalik, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

2 Men Burned In Wash. State Methanol Explosion While Trying To 'barrel Ride'

(AP) SEDRO-WOOLLEY, Wash. (AP) - Two men who were apparently trying to take an unusual thrill ride were seriously injured in an explosion at a shop that builds and services race cars in Washington state.

Fire Chief Dean Klinger told the Skagit Valley Herald the men put about four gallons of methanol in a 55-gallon barrel in the parking lot Sunday night, sat on top and lit it for a "barrel ride."

Klinger says, "Apparently it was supposed to slide across the parking lot like a rocket. Instead, it blew up."

He says one end of the barrel flew 120 feet.

The men were responsive when paramedics arrived at Funk Racing. They were taken to a local hospital, then flown to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with severe burns.

No word yet on if the Roadrunner got away.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LMAO!!

That is an epic line right there.

Ah yes, Sedro Wooley. While Deliverance wasn't filmed there, you can see some of the same people who were extras roaming about town. :eek:

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

In this case, it really does burn. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

4. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Too bad they survived, this weakens the herd.

5. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

With a name like "FUNK RACING," what do you expect.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Well, if they were seated on top of the explosion, perhaps they will no longer be able to contribute to the fall of mankind, hopefully.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Egad- you have just revived a suppressed memory of PVT E-2 Dudd (name changed to protect the witless). One of my NCOs sent him to check that a 5 gal gas can had been completely emptied before putting it into storage. He unscrewed the cap, but could not see inside the can. Oh, yes he did. Struck a match, and held it to the opening. Removed eyebrows, eyelashes, and gave a new meaning to a "high and tight" haircut. We wound up sending him home as "Unsuited for military service".

8. WDB

WDB New Member

Sedro Wooley and Funk racing pretty much sums it up. Dirt track racers calling them half a tard is a gift. How do you dig up the ruthless/toothless PNW people to point out Troy?

9. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

alcohol fires are hard to see, too. I would have paid a weeks wages to see this in person.

(urine wont extinguish methanol, bet their bollocks were charred!)

10. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Just reporting the news. I know it's all rainy and such up there, and you only get about 12.5 days of good weather a year. Folks get bored and things happen, I get it. . . . . . really. I mean look where the grunge movement started.