Metal Knuckles

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by HunterMarksman338, Jan 10, 2011.

1. HunterMarksman338

HunterMarksman338 New Member

Now I know what you guys are automatically going to say.... soooo illegal.... I get that.

I bring this subject up because I wanted to share what I saw some months ago. As I was driving to work waiting for the light to go green, I saw a girl sitting at a bus stop bench and I noticed that she put a pair of pink metal knuckles in her purse. All I can think of was..... BADA**! :D Frickin' awesome.

I wouldn't blame her either since I've heard stories about hostile encounters on buses here in my town.

I would assume that she bought the knuckles from this website here...
    Pink Brass Knuckles

Another point I wanted to put on the table..... from my observations over the years I've noticed more and more people disregarding these ridiculous weapons laws in favor of personal safety and they don't get in trouble at all. All I can think is either the police in my town are really not caring of those laws either or these are law abiding people (some I know personally, some I don't) and they don't go out commiting crimes and thus don't get busted for having any illegal melee weapon i.e. switchblades, balisongs, and metal knuckles when approached by police.

If I had a daughter I would love to buy a pair of pink metal knuckles if she wanted and from my personal experience just wielding a pair and just punching my friend's punching bag, this is an excellent self defense item and can do some serious damage, which would be beneficial for even a gal to use if she can make contact to an assailant's face or even ribs.

Right now I'm tempted to buy a pair of the spiked knuckles off this website to keep in the house as a collectible if anything. I just thought I'd put that out there.

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011

3. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Shows the stupidity of lawmakers. Brass knuckles are illegal but I can carry a baseball bat around no problem. NO I'm not suggesting we outlaw bats.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Ever hear of a slungshot? No, not a typo. Back in the day, sailors would tie cordage in an elaborate knot around a lead shot, with a trailing cord end. You used it to heave a line some distance by tying a line to the trailing cord, give it a twirl, and sling it. Some folks started carrying them as weapons. Result- they are illegal in many states- but average LEO has no idea what a "slungshot" is.

What? Oh, that. That's the padlock I use to lock my computer bag to a table or desk when traveling. That's why it's clipped thru the strap on the computer bag. Well, gotta run to catch my flight. Bye now.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  5. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

you want to see some personal defense I got some personal defense

7" double edged blade, brass knuckles, and a stainless steel brain spike, Ya I know what your thinking scary...

Attached Files:

6. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

+1 on the trench knife! very cool!

7. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

8. HunterMarksman338

HunterMarksman338 New Member

:eek::eek:

This is legal to have in California?? I'm getting this for my sister! Hoot hoot!

9. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

They're also called monkey fists I believe.
    Here's a cool idea. http://image62.webshots.com/62/4/68/83/2027468830091933626jJEEDs_fs.jpg
    He made it into a necklace. Nice and concealed that one is.

I'm not sure if I would want to use that thing as a weapon though. It doesn't seam that damaging TBH. I could be wrong though. It also seems like it would be pretty uncontrollable.
    Still a neat weapon.

10. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

That padlock sure beats the 2" guardrail nut I have on a loop of 550 cord! Home Depot, here I come.

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Paddlelocks and a handkerchief work well, too.

I've used "brass knuckles" for hitting the bag, and I can tell you that unless they fit very well they will cause the puncher pain at the same time.

Roll of quarters? I used to carry around a 4" piece of 1" diameter steel rod. The weight behind the fist seems to be more effective than some steel in front.

The truth is that there are more objects in most women's purses that can be used as a defense weapon. Heck, that peppermint at the bottom with all of the lint attached can be used to gross out any attacker.

12. Lewis48

Lewis48 New Member

I don't know about other states, but here in Florida, with a concealed carry permit, in addition to firearms, we can carry blackjacks, slungshots, automatic knives, double edged daggers, stilettos, etc. The only requirement is that they be concealed.

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Lewis- here in Virginia, the permit is for a concealed handgun. Says that on the license.

14. Lewis48

Lewis48 New Member

The first two lines at the top of my Florida license are:

CONCEALED WEAPON OR FIREARM LICENSE
    STATE OF FLORIDA

I guess every state has a different idea of what you can carry.

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Skully is correct, knuckles are not one size fits all, and ill fitting ones can break your hand.

In addition, one has to actually be an effective puncher. Adding weight to a sloppy punch helps little, especially if you're too slow to land one in the first place.

Beyond that, you've just hindered grappling ability.

They look good, though.

16. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Working in construction I have always had something within reach that can be used as a weapon. Fortunately my Deathstick hammer has not been needed to deter a human. A 6' level has, but not my hammer. ;)

17. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Just walk around naked, except for swim fins, a lamp shade on your head and a pillow case with 4 pool balls. Works for me!:D

18. m72law

m72law New Member

i always thought brass knucks where legal,just as long as you dont use (bust persons in face) or conceal them.?...does a CWP permit make them legal to have on your persons?...as long as they can be shipped to your state:rolleyes:i would say they would be better than nuttin if thats all you have to help fight off more than one badguy...as cheap as they are...use & throw away:)...as for the one size fits all,they do...dont use them to hit straight on...use them in a slashing fashion,kinda like the way you would use a knife & you want have to worry about broken hand/s...of course the trench knife is best of both worlds...of course im old,i'd would just shoot before i had to stab someone:D:D

19. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Brass Knuckles may be illegal, but a bowie knife with brass knuckles as a handle and detaching blade isn't. Or it might be, but I had an easy enough time buying one.

20. JonM

JonM Moderator

the illegal part isnt usually the buying its the getting caught with it on your person part. kind like bongs. you can buy em in most smoke shops. get pulled over for something and the cops find it its called drug paraphanalia. but usually they need corroberating evidence to make that stick. same with nucs. the cops would prolly need to catch ya doing something naughty then they could make a case for the nucs in your pocket.

just having em isnt really enough. they are kinda like hot sauce on your taco an enhancer for your prize.