Metal Gear

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JiroZero713, Feb 20, 2009.

1. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

Anyone ever play it? In this thread I've included the ending to the newest game so there's spoilers...I think you guys might enjoy these videos...if you want a back story just go the the Wikipedia pages when you Google Metal Gear Solid

The videos you should really watch...they kind of resonate with today's atmosphere.

Metal Gear Solid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrViGwS0Cmg]YouTube - MGS4 Ending - Naked Son [1/3][/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhabJCkeqbg&feature=related]YouTube - MGS4 Ending - Naked Son [2/3][/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4-TwOO5Csg&feature=related]YouTube - MGS4 Ending - Naked Son [3/3][/ame]

2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I've actually called in sick when a new one came out, played them all.

I think it was in Snake eater, a contact gives Snake a custom 1911, and the cut scene goes on for about 10 minutes of Snake explaining the polishing and fitting of each step of the customization, but he's still not happy, and whittles down one of the grips so he can hold a knife there, too.

For some reason, Dillinger comes to mind there.:)

Great series, with alot of attention to detail to the weapons.:cool:

3. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I played them all minus the 4th one. I also like the attention to detail as well as the ability to grab a guy and take his swipe cards or other loose items.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

What? Suddenly weapon customization is a Character Flaw?? :eek:

JD

5. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

You'd have to see it. "Ah, good, mirror polish on the feed ramp!" He goes on and on, and his contact is a smoking hot blonde spilling out of her costume.

The whole time, Spetsnaz is approaching, but Snake is compelled to admire the pistol.

It would be akin to posting a picture of the world's most wonderful a$$ in a thong, the model holding a 1911, and the members all commenting "Mmmmm... Cocobolo grips", or "Ahhhh, Yaqui slide".

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Do you HAVE such a picture? Because I WOULD change my avatar for THAT. :D

JD

7. JiroZero713

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A3dJjArFME&feature=related]YouTube - Metal Gear Solid 3: The Name's EVA Cutscene[/ame]

The entire scene where he is given the custom 1911

This is Big Boss though not Solid Snake because this is a prequel set during the Cold War.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I played the 1st one on Play Station. I used to game a few hours a night, but I haven't in a while. The games now days are so involved, a few hours a day won't get it. The last game in which I got really involved was 'Far Cry' on the pc. I think it took me 'bout 6 months to get thru at about 4 hours a night. I did stop for 'bout 10 days because I started having dreams about it. Awesome game. :D

9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Ahh yes, thanks, Jiro!

Kept waiting for him to drop trou and ask the girl to leave. And the way his voice gets louder and faster, classic.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay. 1) I am worried about Snake's sexual orientation having watched that. :rolleyes:

2) That's a pretty nice 1911 she gave him. No way that was merely lying around in some military collection that used to belong to an officer....

Thanks for posting that Jiro....

JD

11. JiroZero713

If you press R1 on the controller in a certain part in the scene Snake is looking at her chest.

You should play the game it's on PS2. You'd like it.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I tried the first, or the second one, I can't remember. There was some super ninja, invisible, impossible to kill. Completely pissed me off and I seem to remember smashing a controller at one point. :eek:

I can't stand games with really good intel, really good weapons use, but they have some SUPER BOSS that takes like 1,100 head shots from a rocket launcher to die.

I love the Tom Clancy Rainbow Six games. I rule those games and usually solve them pretty quick with good tactics.

Any game that involves jumping around like a Mexican jumping bean so you don't get shot ( Like Counter Strike ) can lick the sweat off the back side of my sack. Nobody jumps around when loaded with all that gear in the real world, you shouldn't be allowed to do it in games either....

And WHY can't I get a game where I can customize my guns with REAL WORLD MODS?!?!

Game programmers, call me, I can help you out with this for very little money....;)

JD

13. JiroZero713

They have an easy mode you know.

Anyway Dill maybe you can help me...go check out the Curio and Relic thread I made...tell me what I should do.

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That would be MGSII the same one I did exactly the same thing on. I tried everythign to kill that bastard I even tried blowing up everything with explosives. Nothing could kill that slick as snot bastard. I think it cost me a controller as well.

15. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I got through it pretty quick, I can't remember what I did though. Jiro, which game is it that you can leave a dirty magazine on the floor to distract a guard? That was the last one I played.

Also, I like the Peep demo scene in MGS3. I know she's only a computer generated woman but if I was Snake I would have payed more attention to those bazookas than the 1911, even though it is a really nice 1911. You know a game is very detailed when she sits down next to the fire in her bra and panties and her boobies jiggle. HMMMMM, Motorboat!

16. JiroZero713

Every Metal Gear Game has that dragun

Play Boy magaines you set in the path of enemies...so when they see it they get distracted and you can either kill them or sneak past them.

17. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I must have not found them in all the games, I only remember the last one I played was the 3rd one I think. I like the boxes that you hide in.