Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
MrWray said:
Everyone have a safe weekend

And thank you to all the armed forces, former, present, and the fallen for everything that you have done.
I wish more people truly appreciated the sacrifices that others have made for our country.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I too would like to say a heart felt thanks to those who have served or are still serving. To all who have ever put on a uniform in war time or peace time. To the solders, doctors, and nurses. To the families of those also who's sacrifice is seldom recognized the wives, husbands, fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters.

I am so glad to see America return to seeing our men and women as heroes. A time where our men and women in uniform are shown the respect that they are due. I know this hasn't always been the case. Our solders of Vietnam were not, these men and women came home to riots, name calling, and a disrespectful nation. For many the war raged on even after the return home.

Then again the war rages on for many today, for the wounded and the families of those who are not returning home. The struggle will go on maybe for the rest of their lives.

To all of you I THANK YOU, I appreciate you. I will not forget you.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
kycol said:
I too would like to say a heart felt thanks to those who have served or are still serving. To all who have ever put on a uniform in war time or peace time. To the solders, doctors, and nurses. To the families of those also who's sacrifice is seldom recognized the wives, husbands, fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters.

I am so glad to see America return to seeing our men and women as heroes. A time where our men and women in uniform are shown the respect that they are due. I know this hasn't always been the case. Our solders of Vietnam were not, these men and women came home to riots, name calling, and a disrespectful nation. For many the war raged on even after the return home.

Then again the war rages on for many today, for the wounded and the families of those who are not returning home. The struggle will go on maybe for the rest of their lives.

To all of you I THANK YOU, I appreciate you. I will not forget you.
Thank you axxe for the post. I am reposting it because it's the way I feel and nothing to add to your elequent statement.

Attachments

·
Administrator
34,281 Posts
My thanks to a special Marine, you know who you are, and your Marine brother you hang around with. And my special thanks to your fallen brother. You will all be on my mind with great respect and reverence on Memorial day.

And to Brian Slavenas, my neighbor........who's death hit home. I still miss him as does my friend Ron who is Brian's father, and step-mother, Christi. To this day I still visit his grave regularly.

http://www.militarytimes.com/valor/army-1st-lt-brian-d-slavenas/256870/

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
God bless to those who serve and have served! I have a nephew in the Marines now. I pray for him daily and all our troops! It should not be about one day a year to remember!

·
Administrator
34,281 Posts
Thank you axxe for the post. I am reposting it because it's the way I feel and nothing to add to your elequent statement.
Downsouth, you ripped my heart out with that picture. I cry pretty easily.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I wish I had re-enlisted....best time of my life and the best friends I've ever had. Thanks Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen

Attachments

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
winds-of-change said:
Downsouth, you ripped my heart out with that picture. I cry pretty easily.
Don't feel lonely WOC, it happens to me everytime I see it . I generally don't cry, unless it is the best of humanity and sometimes the worst.

·
Administrator
34,281 Posts
I just posted this on my Facebook wall...........

Monday, 05-28-12, is Memorial Day. Please take time to honor the brave fallen heroes who served our country in the military. Because of them we have the freedoms of our lifestyles today. As some who know me know that the Viet Nam vets are very near and dear to my heart. They fought an unwinnable "conflict" then came home to a different kind of war directed at them here on their home turf. Spare the hour to go to a Memorial Day service and honor our fallen. And be sure to thank all in military uniform who have served that you may see. Even though they are still here amongst us today, I believe each and every one of them paid some sort of price to serve our country in the military. Be it time away from family, facing the possibility of death in war, training and living in harsh conditions, each has sacrificed something to serve their country. I thank and honor every person who served in the military who fought for the freedoms I have today. Teach your children the real meaning of Memorial Day. It's not just a day for a cook out but a day to pay tribute to fallen soldiers who fought for our freedoms. __________________

·
Administrator
34,281 Posts
Very nice.

That's another tragedy of Vietnam. When we pulled out of Vietnam all the service dogs were left behind. I was horrified when I learned that. Totally abandoned. I'm sure it wasn't the soldiers idea but the orders probably came from higher up.

Not to mention all the choppers, tanks, etc. that were dumped in Vietnam.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts