Memorial day douchiness

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Overkill0084, May 27, 2012.

1. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

This guy simply enrages me:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-f...-calling-fallen-military-heroes#ixzz1w6mBDLvo

He's the model of a modern liberal education. He would do humanity a better service as compost.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i agree with your observation. soldiers don't pick and choose the wars or conflicts they enter into. they go where they are ordered to. so to call men and women who serve and have fallen heroes, makes a war or conflict go on longer? what BS! if he has a problem with a war going on longer, then take it to where it belongs, the President, Congress and the politicians, not our servicemen and women who are simply serving and going where told to.

3. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

These people sicken me as well. None of us put on the uniform for praise, in fact many of us put in on expecting scorn but accepting it as a part of our duty to the Nation we were fortunate enough to be born in.

I am no Hero, but anyone who served deserves respect and anyone who made the Ultimate Sacrifice most definitely is a HERO.

Tack

4. Axxe55

Amen Tack, Amen! very well said.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

My email to MSNBC:

Re: comments on fallen members of the military on Memorial Day. You sir, are an incredible waste of DNA and oxygen. Since it does not seem to have occurred to you- the US military has never chosen who they fight, where they fight, or when. THAT is decided by the civilian government that is elected by people like you. Which is probably why the military has been in harm's way as much as it has. Your banality and lack of common sense is underwhelming, and is exceeded only by the poor judgement of whoever gave you a job.

6. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Kudos c3. Truly a waste of oxygen.

7. Axxe55

C3, very well spoken and written!

8. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

One more reason to leave the tv off!

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Chris Hayes is a waste of human skin!

10. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

Thank you c3 very well spoken
    Now i feel i must send a emial as well
    God bless all of our sevice men and women they are all heros they fight for me and have fought for me they will always get every bit of respect i have in me.
    Sorry folks forgot puncuation got my blood going a little.
    To all of our military ob ftf i will always do everything i can to support and give you the respect you deserve.

11. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

That's great!!:D

12. Mark58103

Mark58103 New Member

Crawl back in your hole, you little weasel.
    I just wanted to retch when I saw this.

Every Marine or Sailor casualty returning stateside I treated as a US Navy Corpsman during the Vietnam was, and is a hero, not to mention those who came home under a US flag.

Another thought: I want a president who doesn't pronounce my former rating as "corpse-man."

13. primer1

How's this for a douchebag? I'm at my small town memorial day parade/ ceremony. The parade is over, the high school band was dismissed because it was 90+ degrees. The ceremony had singing, national anthem, abe lincoln did his speech, etc, and then a tribute to veterans starting with ww2 vets. This was nice, the vets name was told by himself, or a family member if deceased or not present. And then the alleged douchebag drove his f%#!*$# Hyundai through the town sqare intersection, forcing people to get out of the way. The street was blocked off to traffic, but anyone could drive around to load or unload a s

14. primer1

Sorry, wrong button.
    To load or unload a senior or disabled person. This douche did not do that, just drove through because, imo, they don't give a s%#@.

What I wanted to do was pull my carry gun out and see if that Hyundai's radiator was bulletproof, but that would have made me a terrorist, wouldn't it? Wtf

15. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Couldn't agree more that Hayes has no freaking clue what he is talking about and clearly does not understand that the military enforces the decisions made by elected politicians.

But what the heck does the vehicle being a Hyundai have to do with anything? Would the behavior been acceptable if it had been a Ford or Chevy? I'm confused if you find what a person did unacceptable or a specific vehicle unacceptable.

16. primer1

See the stupidity of buying American thread for my opinions of vehicles.

I would have loved to poke a hole in the radiator of any douchebag that has that kind of disrespect, no matter what they drive. Unless they are in a tank or armored vehicle, which my carry gun would be underpowered for.

17. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I've learned that you cannot control the actions of others but you can only control your reaction. Yes, ignorant people are completely frustrating, believe me I know all to well. I just had to learn that no matter what I say or do to specific people they will not change, so I have decided to not waste my energy anymore. Sorry your celebration was disturbed.

18. primer1

You can't fix stupid. It wasn't MY celebration that was disturbed, it was the old woman saying her husband's name to a crowd that was distracted by the lack of respect. The way things are anymore, if that's the worst that happened in the whole deal it can be considered a success.

19. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Very rude. I see it every day.....

20. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

It's the me...me..me...mentality!