Membership question

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by eborden1122, Mar 2, 2011.

1. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Does anyone know how many members we have on this site? And what percentage of those members are "supporting" members? Thanks, Ed

2. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Yes I do....

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

25,392 members at last check.

4. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Thank you Shihan. I was just curious of the ratio of supporting members and non-supporting members.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

"Members" is a subjective term. When we get a bonafied spammer, we nuke that account and they don't count. There are sleepers that wait months to post, so of course we don't actually have 25K "active" members.

I will say this, we are rated EXTREMELY high when it comes to overall forums on the interwebz and even higher when it comes to "Firearms" forums. High enough to get noticed by manufacturers like Spyderco and Brownells.

Have you done a search for rating agencies that look at forums/websites/online shopping versus active traffic versus current activity?

The results might surprise you.

As for "Supporting Membership" those numbers are confidential, but those that are supporters have a wealth of opportunities that are not available to the open forum, including an entire shopping network that is by invite only. :cool:

JD

6. jca1

jca1 New Member

For any members looking at this, I'd like to say: The supporting membership is worth every penny and more. JD especially, makes SM just flat awesome.

This forum was incredible when I was a member, now that I am a SM it's unbelievable.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am nothing special. The same work on another forum goes to the bottom of the list when surrounded by people that do not appreciate the effort.

THIS FORUM is the best on the Internet. Period. But that is because of THE PEOPLE and how they handle themselves.

Not everyone gets along. Not everyone agrees. But let me raise a distress signal for someone needing help and I have to beat the help off with a stick because that is the kind of people we have here. Salt of the Earth, Ate the Mold when Made by the Creator, Types.

*respect*

8. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I beg to differ. You sir are special along with the rest of this awesome forum. Do not sell yourself short.

+1000 to the rest of your post.

9. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

I am hoping to become a supporting member within the next few days.:cool:

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

*Forum scrambles to delete all the threads where we are talking about Boyerracing343*

Once the dust settles, you should be good...:p

I am just kidding, of course. The Supporting Membership has its benefits beyond the obvious. There is a certain brotherhood (no offense meant to the ladies as personhood just does not sound the same) that eclipses any differences with the SMs. I would go to war with them, and I have met but one and talked over the phone with a few. Very much like a family, as disfunctional as any family, but family.

Let's see: (no particular order)

Shopping club
    Giveaways
    Generousity beyond description
    Meet and Greets
    Backyard scuffles

And that is just the Bunker. Forget about the Double Secret Bunker or the Uber Secret Bunker.

Once you get there, be sure to stop in the Welcome section and check in. Hope to see you there soon. :)

11. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Don't forget the lost copy of the Presidents' Book of Secrets and the free copies of the next day's Wall Street Journal available only to SMs...

12. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

:D That gave me a pretty good laugh.

13. Car54

Car54 New Member

Cookies when available......

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

The above intel can neither be confirmed nor denied, at this time. :cool:

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I wanted to say thanks again for the kidney donation that you guys got me upon Supporting Membership.

And the doctors said that it would take a miracle.

It only took $15.:D;)

16. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Cost to you $15 USD.

Sell kidney on E-Bay for $4,015 + shipping (USD and lower 48)

Deposit $4,115 into offshore accout for a total profit of $4,100.00 USD

Supporting Membership: Priceless :D

17. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Don't mention it...by the time suprdave sobers up he'll never miss it...

18. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Scared the wife laughing at this.....:D

19. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Almost peed out of my new kidney on this one....:D

20. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I still say we used too much ice...