Member's State of Residents.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Sniper03, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I was just thinking this evening as I have in the past, that first of all I certainly respect everyone's privacy here on the FTF. But do think it would be nice for when the members post their profiles on the Forum they would at least share their state of residents with us . For no real reason, I guess it just seems to add something to the person who is joining all of us. Certainly no need to advise of city or anything in addition. I understand why we all want to keep some privacy in the day we live! ;) Just a thought! What do most of you think?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

It helps a lot when a member asks questions like "in my state, what can I...." or "where can I....." Otherwise, we must assume they are in the state of Confusion, or State of Disarray, or possibly State of Hibernation. :p

('Gello- sorry about the hibernation thing)

3. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

I'll tell...
    Sadly, California. The worst residency I have kept and I have held residency in NY, PA and ID.

On the upside, I just bought property in NM so I'll be changing it again in a few months ;)

4. murraywc

murraywc New Member

I notice yours doesn't show your state.

5. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

S.E. Mississippi.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Although I am a always in the state of confusion (I hear voices in my head), I call Florida my second home.

7. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Tennessee/Mississippi over here

8. downsouth

downsouth New Member

9. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

For those that missed the point, notice under my name? Where it says "Central Virginia"? When you put that in your profile, it comes up when you post.

11. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I fell in love with that area when we went to D.C. for the 9/12 a few years back. We stayed the night in Salem Va. The next morning we got on the Blue Ridge Parkway for over 100 miles. Beautiful!!

12. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

My location is stated in my profile. Yours is ambiguously "USA". WTF???

I find it somewhat annoying (yes, I am easily annoyed) when people post something that is regionally specific but they don't say where they live.

On the other hand if you don't want people to know anything about you don't get on the freaking Internet!!!!

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

ROFL.........

My location is stated in my profile and right there under my avatar. :D

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I reside in Oklahoma..the state rock is the rose rock,the state bird is the scissortail flycatcher,and the state flower is missletoe "a fungus" lol

BOOMER SOONER!

15. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Normally I am ashamed to admit where I am from to a forum. BUT, being this is a firearms owners forum.. you see where i live and understand why I am a firearms owner. :D

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Wait, you have a state rock? Lol!

17. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

We've got a state rock here too.. not sure if its the same kind though. The weirdos around here try to smoke them.

18. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Is it the crack rock or something? LOL!

19. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Yep, my grandfather in-law was a state senator for 20+ years. He has a HUGE rose rock in his office at his house..He is also one of the senators that passed the conceal carry law for Oklahoma

20. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Indeed it is..and you too can own a piece of state history for the remarkable price of $5/bag.