Member Doomed never to leave

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by TekGreg, Aug 1, 2013.

1. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I've learned a huge amount of knowledge just being around people like C3Shooter, Winds-of-Change, Axxe55, VikingDad and a host of others that are part of my extended family! I even love the interaction between those that i don't agree with because it forces me to think and consider other points of view. That is why today I extended my premium membership THREE years! :rolleyes:

Is anyone out there NOT a supporting member but loves to read the forum? Has the forum ever saved you a visit to a gunsmith ($75-120/hr)? You might consider supporting the forum that helps you! :)

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

crap! now we'll never get rid of you!:eek:

JK Greg!:D glad to see you are going to stick around for a little while!

3. TekGreg

Heels are dug in - yer gonna have to pull much harder! :D

4. Axxe55

that's the part that scare me!:eek:

5. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

No why did you go and give axxe props like that??? Not going to be able to get a good cheek weld with the growing of his head!!! :)

6. Axxe55

10,001 comedians out of work and you're trying to be funny!:p

7. vincent

vincent New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU[/ame]

:D :D :D

8. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Three years! . . I'll wait and see if I live that long :)

Yes, the forum has been great. I actually search some of the old threads for answers, tips, hints and such.

My recent pistol build was a lot of fun . . . This forum (and .. .. one other sssssshhhh! ) provided all the anwers I needed.

Spent a lot of time looking at parts, My theme was "Local Build" where all of the parts possible came from local mfg's.

Did have to go out of state for a few things, but not bad.
    While I am relatively new, it's still good to say "Welcome Aboard"

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Thank you, Greg! Now we can buy another hamster to put on the treadmill, and expand our bandwidth!

And quite seriously, to all the Supporting members- thanx for helping keep the lights on here.

10. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Don't be mad at me cause ya can't get a good site picture lol

11. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Plus1!
    SM was an easy decision.....
    I'm on a few 4x4 forums (imagine that) cause I need to know where to ride and cause they break!

But only this firearm related forum. The Mods and solid members make this one great...I have learned a huge amount about my collection and expected performance, care and feeding, and possibilities of improvement...

Looking forward to meeting some of y'all in September!

12. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

hopefully the list of your doomed admirers will increase after 5 oct when you visit the ftf shoot and hoot! still planning to come in the camper?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  13. TekGreg

Doesn't he already have to have those stocks custom built? :eek: :D

14. TekGreg

15. TekGreg

I'm not that optimistic, Bob - I plan to lose devoted members unless I can buy off everyone there to keep their mouth shut! :rolleyes: but the check has been sent and the shells ordered, so I'm bound to show up!

16. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Whoa, settle down, Buster. I don't know what you could have learned from me. I'm here to learn, not share my knowledge of firearms, which is quite a small amount of knowledge.

But thanks for the kind words anyway.

That's how I am, too. I'm here until they ban me. LOL

I wouldn't consider 2010 as "relatively new".

If anyone admires me after the S&H, they are probably blind and didn't see me shoot. But I AM going to have a wonderful time learning, shooting as best I can and meeting new people.

17. TekGreg

There's a lot more to learning than technical knowledge. One must also learn to be gracious and how to be a peacekeeper. These are life lessons that Winds is aces at and lessons that can keep you smart and alive, especially when you carry a gun every day of your life.

Can we really hope for that many blind people at a shooting event??? Keeping them in the club house while we shoot is the only hope.

18. firstsoldier

firstsoldier New Member

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. Shakespear.

19. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Like the crew of the Flying Dutchman, TekGreg will be sailing the threads of FTF for eternity! :D:D

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Between the two of us, we're going to equal one person. One can't hold a shotgun up for very long, the other can't stand for very long.