Melissa Bachman

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by DaughterofAres, Nov 18, 2013.

1. DaughterofAres

DaughterofAres New Member

How do you feel about this story? Should she be allowed to continue to hunt or be stopped?
    Personally, I would like to see the TV show that Bachman hosts called "Winchester Deadly Passion" that follows her on different hunting trips across America.

While hunting the big kitty must have been exhilarating...a lot of people are upset about it.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...n-photo-highlights-big-cats/story?id=20918947

Attached Files:

2. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I liken it to the anti fur folks who harass little old ladies who are wearing a fur coat instead of protesting by going after the Hell's Angels hanging out at their club house in full leathers.

Miss Bachman is an ethical hunter who is an ambassador for the sport. This makes her an easy target for those who are against hunting of ant kind, and unlike the poachers, she is in the public eye. IOW, she is an easy target, thus to them, a means to an end to hunting through manufactured public outrage. She is the face of a target, but she is not the real problem.

What so many people see when they see a lion is Simba from the Lion King. What they don't see is the number of them that have gone after and attacked or eaten man and his livestock over the years. Hunting any species to extinction is never the answer, but population control is necessary to lessen the number of attacks, and keep the food sources of that species in check as well. Hunting is just one of the many ways to achieve this goal.

Add to that that the lion she shot was a male. Some may ask, what that has to do with any of this. The answer, a male can impregnate several females within his pride, and there are usually male cubs that will take his place in the pride in the event od his death. IOW, it's not like she shot a female, especially not one that is pregnant or rearing cubs. What she did has the smallest possible impact on the species as a whole. I see no wrongdoing here.

To me, banning Miss Bachman from South Africa is a lot like banning Aks and Ars because they look evil, and a handful of nut jobs used them to shoot up a school or theater. It is nothing more than a feel good measure, and it comes nowhere near solving the real problem.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Is she doing anything illegal? If not, leave her alone.

4. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

Idk how things work in Africa, but in America the best way to preserve the animals is to allow legal hunting seasons and prosecute poachers to the max. With that said, I dont think she did anything wrong. I've never seen her show, but I may have fallen in love...a woman who hunts (and bowhunts) and proud of it is amazing and very attractive. Take into account that she is absolutely beautiful and that makes it even better! Maybe I'm just a redneck, but I'd marry that girl:)

5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

No laws were broken. No problem.

6. DaughterofAres

I think she's totally HOT too! ;) I would let her teach me a thing or two! :D

7. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

When my wife and I got married, we had to move the wedding up by a week. If we hadn't, only 2 members of the wedding party would have shown up. The rest of us, my wife and myself included, would have been out in the woods for opening day of bow season.

You say you might be a redneck, there is no doubt in my mind that I am one, and I am enjoying every minute of it. :D

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

Its not cheap to hunt in africa especially lions. Hunters pay enormous fees to hunt those to the governments involved who then use that money to support the hunted species. Lions still exist tiday because they are sport hunted with the majority of the funds going to the lion conservation.

So implying she should be stopped is the same as saying lions should go extinct...

9. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

If someone is paying for it & its legal, I don`t see the big deal, with me I just don`t see how someone could hunt a horse; ie a Zebra !..............

10. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I love this quote "This photo is an absolute contradiction to conservation," Larenty said. "We pride ourselves in educational conservation and how do you explain to a child what this woman is doing?"

An absolute contradiction to conservation is when you force people who are actually preserving animals to waste funding dealing with people who have not preserved one acre of habitat. The actions of hunters have preserved millions of acres of habitat. The actions of conservationists have preserved thousands of lawyers.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  11. JonM

JonM Moderator

You wouldn't want to see her in some victoria secret lounging on a zebra skin rug in front of a fire on a snowy night....

If that doesn't count for a reason hunt one I don't know what does!!

12. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Hope you can read the prices. This is for the Osombahe-Nord Hunting Safaries in Namibia.

Price include:
    Guide
    transportation
    all meals
    skinners and trackers
    trophy cleaning and handling
    Vehicle
    Accommodations and laundry

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      30.9 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      32.7 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
  13. DaughterofAres

Bi-sexually speaking, LOL! YES I WOULD like to see her in VS on a ZSR ;)

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

When your going on those hunts your not shooting the first critter that pops up. The guides have a good idea where the old post breeding animals are or the sick injured beast are and need to be removed. Those are the ones that get shot. Animals that are in breeding prime are never removed unless they have some other issue

15. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Most animals that hunters consider to be a trophy is past it's prime.

16. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Most people who get their knickers in a twist over hunting typically have no idea what they are yammering on about.
    "She killed fluffy! Oh the humanity!"
    I wonder if they know about how the meat in their sandwich comes to be there?

They've probably never read anything by Peter H. Capstick either.

17. Garadex

Garadex New Member

What currency are those rates in?

18. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

US dollars...........

19. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

20. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Yes, but a fake zebra skin rug would be just fine, who would notice the rug any how !................