Mega who?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by broke-again124, May 25, 2012.

1. broke-again124

broke-again124 New Member

Anyone have experience with mega upper receivers? Quality as compared to others, durability, mil-spec etc?

2. Fixer

Fixer New Member

Yes. Mega is a good manufacturer. Their lowers have some great innovation built into them. They are not just a copy machine stamping out the same ole things. Buy with confidence.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Thanks fixer. I just dropped an answer to bring it into activity.

4. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Mega makes decent priced .308 receivers.

5. broke-again124

Yeah but I'm looking for more of a quality report. But thanks

6. EW1066

EW1066 Member Supporter

I have owned a Mega upper and lower for several years now and I can tell you that they produce a quality product. Fit and finish are excellent. They produce lowers for other companies as well. If you see the "gator grip" on the front of the mag well, its a Mega with a different roll mark. As for the upper, never had an issue that could be attributed to the upper. The machining seems to be high quality. There are no visible tool marks even in the charging handle well. The feed ramps matched up well with my DD carbine barrel. The take down pins are tight but can be pushed out with the thumb. USGI mags and pmags drop free consistently. I would say that you can buy with confidence. If you don't already have a lower, you should look into theirs.

EDUB

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Mega has some beautiful billet receivers, you can build a fine looking AR using them. Cane here has often recommended them.

Anyway, their receivers are quality products. I don't know about their other components.

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Honestly, I can't remember anyone ever saying anything bad about Mega.

9. broke-again124

Thanks a lot guys. Makes me feel better.

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  11. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

I have a Mega forged lower, it's good stuff. My vltor MUR upper fit very snug, and my sig m400 upper fit even better. Both fit snug and little to no slop. My.

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Oh jeez, this isn't one of those, "I bought this is it good/ok" threads?:rolleyes:

13. broke-again124

No. Just wondering. Dad in law made a pretty blind trade on one and wants to sell it. I feel pretty obligated to buy it because of some previous instances. That's all. :rolleyes:

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Dude, buy it. Clean her up and post lotsa pron fer us. They make good stuff! I've had my eye on the 308 billet recievers very innovative. The only thing I don't like about mega is...a very small thing. Everytime I see that rollmakr I think of Homer Simpson in that super hero costume....too much tv? Mebbe...:eek:

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  15. Middleofthemiddle

Middleofthemiddle New Member

I put together a lot of mega ar's there monolithic uppers are pretty sweet

16. X-mark

X-mark New Member

Mega Machine (Mega Arms) is a top notch manufacturer. They have done receivers for several name brand outfits, in addition to their own branded stuff. Here is a video by Mil Spec Monkey, touring the Mega Arms facility.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Pp9a4ENdQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Pp9a4ENdQ[/ame]