Meet the Baby That Eats .45ACP HD VIDEO

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Amsdorf, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

A friend of mine sold me his literally, like new, still with the original Glock grease on it, Glock 30, with two magazines, a butt plug and magazine extensions for only .... don't hate me ... $400. I mean, the thing is brand new, had only had about 60 rounds through it. Oh, and he threw in the Kydex paddle holster for it too. I've been looking to get a G30 for a while, and I could not pass up this offer.

Here's a video I made of it, a basic function demonstration and some chit-chat about Glocks and shooting fundamentals, to be filed under, "Do as I say, not as I do."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1qHGwXZp2s[/ame]

2. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

I don't hate you. I envy your deal. I paid just 30 more for a new gen4 G22 but that was a little over a year ago.

3. Kdub

Kdub New Member

Cheap butt plug....

4. danolator

danolator New Member

Nice. Too much gun in too small of a frame, but nice.

5. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Oh, really? Why do you say that?

6. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

Saw this post on another Glock forum, Amsdorf, you got a great deal! I just acquired a G30SF from someone who had only fired one box of 50 through it. He had purchased a couple of extra mags, and threw in a Foxx IWB holster as well, all for $500.00. Not quite as cheap as yours but a good deal anyway. Now I need to find a G36 as the grip on the 30SF is just a little thick for my better half.

7. danolator

danolator New Member

Should have clarified. Sorry. Most people I see at the range can't hit groupings at the distance on your vid with full size, smaller caliber weapons. Given the purpose of that .45, I would say the chances of the common CCW holder hitting critical mass from the draw in less than 2 seconds outside of 10 feet on the first shot are slim. So my comment really wasn't equipment related. Actually, I hope all the street thugs carry these sub compacts. It gives me better odds.

8. danolator

danolator New Member

Oh BTW, I really like the way you reinforce basics like grip and sighting on this vid. Thanks.

9. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Definitely a good deal!!

10. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

OH, ok, yes, that makes sense. I think some people just think, "Hey, I want a small gun and .45ACP would be cool." But....you have got to learn how to use it and get yourself used to the recoil.

From one extreme to the other, today I'm going to buy a Ruger LCP.

:)

11. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Hey, thanks, just wish I could practice what I preach a lot better!!

: )

12. danolator

danolator New Member

I carry an LCP in my mountain bike under-the-seat pack and in a belly band sometimes. It took a heck of a lot of rounds to get reasonably good with it. They're fun though.

13. yogiboobooranger

I carry an LCP in my right front pocket at all times in a wallet holster. It is my fastest reload and if circumstances dictate, my primary sneeky pete pistol if it is obvious that I cannot draw my primary CCW in time. When I am in areas where I feel the need for a gun in hand, my right front pocket is a good place to put my shooting hand where I can grasp the LCP and no one is the wiser, but it can be brought to bear in a flash. I have a laser on it too should that be needed.

14. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

What is the brand of the holster you use?

15. yogiboobooranger

Uncle George's wallet holster..I have a laserlyte laser mounted on the side of the LCP which is activated by a button on the side..so to prevent it from being activated when in the holster, I made a hole in the backing for the button to sit. Works great! I could even have the gun in my pocket at work with no one being the wiser. Of course you could do the same thing with a P3AT Keltec. Go here for the Uncle George's wallet holsters:http://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com/Pages/default.aspx

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  16. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Just ordered one of George's holster.

How does it feel sitting down with it on?

17. yogiboobooranger

I use it in my right front pocket..feels like you have a wallet in there and does not bother me when sitting. I usually do not care for anything in my front pockets at all but this does not bother me in the least. It goes in the pocket when I get dressed and stays there till I change clothes or...

18. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

Posted this elsewhere, I better post it here too:

Wallet holsters are illegal under Federal law; a gun in a wallet holster is classified as an NFA firearm, and must be registered with the Feds just like a full-automatic weapon or a suppressor.

Here is the word, straight from the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms: you'll see the passage on page five and continuing on page six.

http://www.atf.gov/publications/newsletters/ffl/ffl-newsletter-1997-08.pdf

Sorry about that. I don't want my gun wrapped in anything when I fire it, anyway, myself. I want it firmly in my hand.

19. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

Before someone corrects me, this doesn't apply to the Uncle George wallet holster. My error; sorry, everybody.

20. yogiboobooranger

You meant well..

If you had not posted your correction I was ready to chastise you. But you meant well and thanks for letting us know.:D