Meet our newest family member, Stella

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by CA357, Aug 1, 2010.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

We have been dog-less for about four years. Since we had to euthanise our almost 18 year old Cocker Spaniel. Well, I've been longing for a dog for a while now, but if we got one, it would have to be a puppy because of our cats. We wanted the pup to be raised with them so there would be no problems.

Well, I have a friend whose dog had an unexpected litter. He has both parents and although they are Pit Bulls, they will lick you to death or knock you down from leaning against you. So, he had one female left and I prevailed upon my good wife that it was time for another dog.

So, without further ado, I give you Stella:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Welcome to the FTF, Stella!

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

It's only fitting that a man has a dog. Congrats on the new family member.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Ca when are you going to get HER a new GUN?

5. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Cute puppy!
    Yeah Pit Bulls are good dogs, and don’t deserve the bad rap they’ve gotten from being raised by the wrong people!
    My boy has one that’s about 80 lbs. now and is just a big lover. :)

6. freefall

freefall New Member

Congrats on Stella, my bro in law has 2 pits, they're darlin dogs. I've been dogless since my pit went down 14 years ago. She was a darlin, don't know I care to face that again.

7. CA357

Yeah, I understand completely. That's why we were in no hurry. This pup's a sweetie. ;)

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I said "One of the forum members adopted a new puppy" and my woman immediately came running over "Oh, I want to see, I want to see".

Needless to say, Stella has passed the cute puppy test. :p

Congrats on the new addition!!

JD

9. CA357

I'm delighted she passed. I'd hate to have to delete her. ;)

10. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

What a beautiful animal.

11. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I love pits, some of the most loyal, dedicated and loving animals a person could ever have.
    Only problem is sometimes they are too smart for their own good. The male I had was like some kind of evil genius, full of energy and always into something.:rolleyes:

She sure is a cutie-- Congrats!
    Welcome Stella to FTF from SW Pa!:p

12. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Congrats on the new addition, CA!! She's a cutie!!

13. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

CA357 Stella is a beautiful pit!! I am glad you chose to get her. I hope you enjoy:D

14. CA357

It's been so long since I've had a puppy. How do i gently train her away from biting on us. I'm using a firm no, but she's so young, she's in the clueless stage.

15. freefall

freefall New Member

I used to pop ours on the nose with 2 fingers while saying "No." Not snapping them, just a forehand bap. Having trouble expressing non-visually.

16. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Nice looking pup, I hope that she gives you many years of friendship. Pits get a bad rap in my opinion. Every single one that I have got to meet (that was raised right) was nothing less than an exceptional dog. Most of them list among the smartest animals I've had the pleasure to meet.

Smart idea to get one young as possible to get them to learn to deal with the family felines. I got my pup at 5 weeks and she was almost dwarfed by the cats here. Now she towers over them and could swallow them whole. But she wont lay a paw on them.

Post a pic now and then and lets us see how she's growing. Looks to me like she's going to be a real good looking dog when she grows up. :)

17. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Congrats on the new dog. We got one a few weeks back and it's been a blast ever since. She's almost too smart and learns some thing we wish she wouldn't.

18. CA357

I forgot that puppies are chewing machines. :rolleyes:

19. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Great news on the new family member. Welcome to the FTF Stella!!!

20. Leatherneck1775

Leatherneck1775 New Member

congrats, they have a way of making the family feel complete.:)