Medusa Carbine

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by jwphillips2, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jwphillips2

jwphillips2 New Member

I don't remember who I promised this to...but.

I may have Alzheimer's, but at least I don't have Alzheimer's.

~Jonathan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  2. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

It was me. And the island in the Bahamas. :D

3. jwphillips2

jwphillips2 New Member

Aaah. Bahamas.

I did have fun shooting the .380s at 50 and 100 yards. 30 carbine just rattled down the barrel, but 38 Super made one hole at 50.

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That thing looks like it could be a lot of fun.

5. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

That is pretty awesome! where did you get it or did you make it yourself? upon further investigation i noticed from the firing line that you are the inventor of this gun and also notice that you modified this one from a pistol! that sir is one awesome piece you have there. Any chance that you will start your company up again and restart production? i would love to have one of these!!! even just the pistol not the carbine!!!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  6. jwphillips2

jwphillips2 New Member

Startup

I would love to restart one of the most over-regulated industries on Earth. I have a lot of ideas about new products and projects, but no money any more. I loved the industry and the people involved, but don't miss getting ripped off by friends and associates - my choices, my fault. There are so many things I wanted to do and I guess I still do. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for your comments.

7. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

jwphillips2: Sir, very nice. Thanks for sharing:)

8. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

WOW!! Very nice sir. Did you make it using a Medusa, or just using the design?

Now my Medusa's feelin' lonely......:(

Very proud (lucky) Medusa owner here, i think its the neatest gun ever! So far .380 is my favorite to shoot. you said you shot .30 carbine, can the pistol shoot this as well?
    I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

9. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

If anyone has a Medusa that they feel they would be willing to let go of please let me know! I will definatly be looking for one of these untill i find one i can buy.

10. tekarra

tekarra New Member

Hey jw, that is a neat rifle.

11. jwphillips2

jwphillips2 New Member

Carbine

Originally this was going to fit the Phillips & Bailey Ultra which was a S&W 19-2 mod to multi-caliber, but instead was fitted to the new Medusa when we got our first frames from the forge with my new company Phillips & Rodgers. The new barrel is a one-in-11 inch, 9 lands and grooves with a right hand twist. David Moore hand carved this stock out of one piece of American Walnut which is what it is resting on. The 10 inch silhouette P&B was the inspiration.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  12. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

JW: Wow, that is a TRULY RARE item. Great concept... To me, a classy carbine justifies the weight of the Medusa more favorably than a sidearm. Thanks so much for sharing the pics... and best wishes for any future endeavors!