Medal of honor

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by michigan0626, Aug 14, 2010.

1. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Medal of Honor is a new game that is set to be released on October 12th. It is the new game in the Medal of Honor series, the first one not placed in WWII. It is in Afganistan, and the characters are Tier 1 Operators, the Delta's, SEAL Team 6's and such. The game looks awsome. I love the video that is set to a Linkin Park song. You also need to watch the rest of the videos, especially the interviews with actual Tier 1 Operators. It made me remember Iraq, where we when out and did our missions. Not to win hearts and minds, or impress the officers. We went out to simply do our jobs, and most importantly to make sure that our brothers to our left and right came back home. The comaraderie, the brotherhood. Now I cant imagine being one of these guys. Being 1 of only a couple hundred in the entire military with the skills necessary to accomplish their missions. Completely trusting your buddy to be able to do his job, while making sure you dont screw up yours. That has to be a lonely profession. They dont get enough awards and accolades. These guys are the true unknown heros of our military.

YouTube - medalofhonor's Channel

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTtOVa1DZJ8[/ame]

Medal of Honor - Coming October 12, 2010

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

While I can see how these games can be entertaining I'm not sure they compare to the real world. The men and women over there do not have a reset button. I'm not saying that there is no lace for things like MOH. Military has used sims for a while now to help aid in training. But I am not very willing to say they are the same. I'm sure the effects are awesome. What they can do with gaming software is really impressive to an old computer tech like me. But it's still a game. And no matter what happens in that game you are going to be OK.

I have not been in the military. And something like MOH would probably be as close to those situations as I'd be able to get. But even if I was able to get through it all and stay "alive" I wouldn't begin to think that I understood what anyone that has seen combat has been through.

Again, I'm not trying to belittle you or the whole gaming thing at all. It's just an opinion of a middle aged guy that has seen too many people come back different then when they left. And I've never had any game or sim have that effect on me.

3. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Im not big in to video games, though in Iraq the first time I couldn't tell you how many hours of HALO we all played on our down time. I simply meant that 1. the game and graphics looked good, then 2. after watching the interviews and video that it brought back the feelings of comaraderie that I had while in Iraq. I did come back different, and I know reality vs fantasy/game. Im not one of these 30 y/o tacti-wannabees that live vicariously through a game. I think you went a little too deep into what I posted.

I was just letting everyone know that this was coming out and that I thought it looked good. Its the exact same thing and someone starting a thread to let everyone know that "The Expendables" was coming out and that it looked good.(cant wait to watch it by the way)

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I would have watched it except for that noise from the kiddy band Linkin Park. They SUCK they have always SUCKED and always will SUCK. I hate them as much as I hate the Ofspring and Mecalisucka. Offspring can only play 3 different cords Linkin park can they even play instruments or do they use a DJ and jump around on stage trying to act cool?

As for realness what ever it is a dang video game. no one is really shooting to kill you it can't even come close.

5. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

I agree with you. Usually bands that millions of kids like suck. Their choice was simply marketing.

Never said it looked real, or was realistic in the missions. I said that I cant imagine what its like to be one of these guys.

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Like I said man I wasn't trying to flame you or anything. Maybe you're right and I read too much into it. We are not allowed the luxury of voice inflection in a txt forum like this so things can be easily misunderstood. I just took what you said and tried to give an opinion. You say you where over there. Maybe that's the difference. Like I said I had not been a soldier. I just thought that even though the tech is amazing in games these days I didn't see where it could be all that much the same. In all fairness I don't have the real world experience to compare it to.

You're right tango...Linkin Park does suck..lol!! I guess Offspring was the next groups AC/DC. Three chords and you got a box set! AC/DC was cooler though:D

7. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I never liked first person shooter, more towards Command & Control old school. Plus, to play some of the newer games requires a new computer build and lately that is on the north forty back burner!

The P4's still good workhorse!

P.S. Never liked Linkin Park either, more towards old school rock and metal groups!

8. MGH

MGH New Member

The game looks awesome michigan, graphics and all. I'm not a huge fan of Linkin Park but for the video it was a fitting song. Do you know what console the game is coming out on? I have a Wii but I'm guessing it'll come out on X box.

9. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Fair enough. If I had the computer know how and software I would attempt to set the vid to some different music. Maybe Mudvayne, or LoG, or some Black Sabbath for those a little more "senior" than me.

10. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

I would assume all of them. Too much money in gaming nowadays not too I would think.

11. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Tango that was a douche like comment you made about Metallica. I am hurt deeply. LOL. I like those bands, don't mind them at all. As for the game I will try it and hope its half as good as Modern Warfare 2.

Im just kidding about the doucher comment Tango, unless you like it.

12. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Holy Sh!t balls Batman that looks bad ass. I shall be buying this game for sure.

13. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Lars killed Napster!! <runs away>

14. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Lars is a cock knocker. They made some animated videos about napster featuring Metallica and they were hilarious.

15. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

I actually got a chance to play the multiplayer beta for MOH. It is sort of a combination of Call of Duty and Battlefield in terms of gameplay. It's fast paced, but requires you to think before you act. I liked it, but being a beta and all there were quite a few problems with the multiplayer portion of it. Still I think it will be worth the purchase this October.

BTW, Linkin Park sucks.

16. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

I'm very excited for this game. I always was in love with the MOH series and didn't like COD at all till they came out with the Modern Warfare segment. Like Doc said, I hope it's half as good as Modern Warfare 2.