Mech-Tech Uppers

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by zeuss, Sep 2, 2012.

1. zeuss

zeuss New Member

Is anybody familiar with Mech-Tech Systems. I received an upper to fit my Glock 20 on saturday, and am having problems with the sites. I had them put peep sites on the rail and after playing around for awhile the closest I can get it to shoot is 6" low ten feet away from the target. Just curious if anybody else is familiar with them. I am going to call customer support on Tuesday morning.

2. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I don't know of any rifles that shoot point of aim at 10 feet.

25 yards is the minimum you should sight in at.

3. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Agreed, even with 22lr you will shoot really low at 10ft.

Take the mans advice, move your target to 25 yards and beyond and the gun should be as accurate as the shooter.

4. zeuss

zeuss New Member

I didn't mention that at 10 yards I am 14" low, and if I move out to 25 yards I am shooting around 30" low and I cannot adjust the sites anymore.

5. zeuss

zeuss New Member

image-2617542582.jpg

image-88556709.jpg

image-2546179345.jpg

Here's a few pics.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Have you tried a scope?

7. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

30" low at 25 yds is abhorrent. Contact them.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That low is unacceptable. The sights were apparently an after thought and not regulated to the gun.

9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Either use a red dot or get a set of Magpul sights. I have a set of sights that look just like those, never could get them to work on my AR.

10. zeuss

zeuss New Member

After contacting the company, they seem easy to work with. It turns out they sent me the wrong rear sight with the upper and are sending the correct one.

11. greenhornet-1

greenhornet-1 New Member

Ben looking at this. Let us know if it works out for you.

12. zeuss

zeuss New Member

I received the correct sight from the company, the rounds I have fired are accurate, and holding a nice group at 25 yards.

However, I the upper is having problems feeding rounds into the chamber. When I talked to the company they said the problem should fix it's self as it breaks in, if it does not, contact them again, so I will be calling them Monday morning.