mec 650 ?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Ultimate_sig, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I have a mec 650 and i looked the reciepes and i plan on reloading 00 buck but it has diffrent powder wieghts etween varies buck loads but with the 650 it releases the powder all on its own. So how do i know if its putting the right amount out and is a scale necessary to make sure. I plan on molding my own buck shot as well.

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I really feel you need to "get your feet wet" by succesfully loading standard birdshot ammo first. I loaded shotshells for over 20 years before I tackled buckshot. I will not share any recipes with a novice as there are too many variables that you need to get a better understanding of before moving on to "advanced" loading.

WTS, the bushing controls the amount of powder dropped on a MEC loader. Read the instructions and learn the loader, PLEASE!

3. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I read them but the reciepes call for diffrent amounts of powder. So is the block that slide ajustable and if so how can u measure with the slide

4. LongRifle50

LongRifle50 New Member

You can get the universal charge bar. That's adjustable for all kinds of charges. Model C/CS for single stage Mecs like the 600Jr. and Sizemaster and D/DS for progressives like 650 and 9000