Meat-seeking missiles

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by AIKIJUTSU, Jan 31, 2012.

1. trip286

trip286 New Member

ridunkulous. It'll be too expensive to use and field. Maybe as a special purpose munition, like the 40MM, but what gun does the military have that is capable of firing a four inch long bullet at the velocities needed?

2. kaido

kaido New Member

Crazy thing, I either seen this on TV back into 2000-something or had a dream about it. But it was on a man-like target. They had a sniper spotter team and the spotter used binos that had the laser built in, he had the the seem between the turret of a tank and the main body lazed and it was apperantly supposed to be able to disable the tank?

What ever it was, it was done in CG and I remember the term "feature munitions" and that's really it.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

May have been something on the show "future weapons"

4. kaido

kaido New Member

It very well could of been, but was that show out around that time?
    (was off on the time period. It would of been closer to '06-'07 since my youngest brother was already born)

5. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

Man, there's a budget cut if I've ever seen one. Talk about a waste of money.

6. fudo

fudo New Member

Gene Simmons used a round similar to these projectiles in the movie "Runaway", also starring Tom Sellick.

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I wouldn't be so quick to poo-poo this. It could mean routine 4,000 yard shots are around the corner.

8. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Yeh Right....................